Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a senior hydrocarbon resource Petrophysicist to join Exploration Resource Assessment Department, who will have specialized expertise in Petrophysics to determine reservoir properties using petrophysical data and to provide input data for resource assessments. Petrophysical evaluation and the integration of petrophysical data play a critical role in conducting any volumetric assessment. Understanding the uncertainties in the petrophysical evaluation and quantifying these uncertainties have a significant impact on volume calculations.
ERAD has great influence on the Organization as a part, and on the Company as whole. We aim to meet the demand of hydrocarbon resources and obtain a sustainable amount of oil and gas recovery to replace the ongoing production. ERAD is a fundamental start and end-point for the Exploration Organization, and creates both the framework within which exploration activities are planned and also the assessment of discovered volumes. We look forward to sustaining the kingdom's dominant oil and gas position by growing the proven resources, and increasing the exploration success rate. Furthermore, finding oil and gas resources through strategic exploration methods that integrate the best talent, optimal processes and technologies in a safe and cost-effective manner.
The candidate will be required to perform the following:
- Conduct advanced well log data interpretation
- Determine petrophysical parameters such as net pay, porosity, saturation, permeability etc.
- Evaluate and integrate core, log, sampling, and test data
- Conduct fluid distribution studies and determine contacts for proven, probable and possible cases
- Apply the latest technology and efficient workflows to generate petrophysical work processes
- Collaborate with resource petrophysicists, geoscientists and engineers to conduct accurate assessments
- Follow up well operations, propose and provide technical advice on data acquisition, coring, and testing operations
- Evaluate and normalize field wide petrophysical data
- Train, mentor and develop the young professionals on relevant skills
As a successful candidate, you should have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Geosciences or related field (e.g., Geology, Geophysics, Petrophysics, or other related science and engineering fields) is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- An extensive formal experience in petrophysical evaluation and resource assessment related studies is desirable.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience. An extensive experience in petrophysical studies and at least 5-10 years of professional experience in well log interpretation.
- Significant knowledge of logging and core analysis techniques
- Experience in QC and validation of single and multi-well petrophysical evaluation interpretation results dedicated for 2D and 3D Pore Volume Assessment
- Conduct sensitivity analysis on modelling parameters and uncertainties, highlighting their impact on volumes.
- Have good exposure to different petrophysical evaluation methods, understand and QC MICP and saturation height functions with detailed analysis.
- Conduct technical studies related to petrophysical applications in resource assessments
- Good communication, report writing and presentation skills in English.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.