Job description / Role
The Planning Director is responsible for managing the function and developing the planning requirements of the projects across the organisation.
Our client is a well-established tier 1 main contractor based in Riyadh and specialise in high-profile civil structure and infrastructure projects.
* Responsible for the selection, management and retention of managers and enforce policies & procedures to improve overall effectiveness of the projects
* Provide inputs to Human Resources on succession planning, employee career growth, and organisational structure
* Manage and conduct the affairs of the function with the highest standards of respect, integrity, accountability, agility, quality, safety and corporate governance
* Ensure compliance with Code of Ethics policy and adopting company values across function employees and provide leadership to reinforce a strong people culture and ethical business practices
* Manage day-to-day responsibilities of the planning function in accordance with business plans within the company's policies and procedures and meeting the approved budget
* Engage and align with relevant key stakeholders (internal and external)
* Provide input on project delivery strategies including project organisation structure, project objectives, project control systems and scope management procedures
* Direct the planning function and ensure the development of work breakdown and cost breakdown in alignment with the company's chart of accounts
* Proofread baseline schedules for all construction projects
* Identify and report project risks and mitigation plans
* Assess which project risks require escalation to Enterprise Risk Management Register
* Liaise with relevant stakeholders to ensure that a consistent approach to risk is adopted
* Provide input at bid development stage by analysing overall schedule and resourcing needs and plans
* Oversee Planning and monitoring the projects engineering deliverables and approvals process
* Direct construction projects processes, including but not limited to procurement and material control, construction management, contract administration and cost forecasting analysis
* Competitive salary and benefits on offer
* Minimum 10 years of relevant programs and controls experience, with at least 2 years in a supervisory or executive management role
* Bachelor of Engineering, Science or relevant degree related to project management and/or construction is required
* MBA, Master of Engineering, Master of Science or other relevant postgraduate qualification
* Project management experience in the development and/or construction of multiple large scale and complex civil and infrastructure projects
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Project Controls Manager
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Project Controls Director - Infrastructure Contractor