China State Construction Engineering Corporation South Asia (CSCEC SA)
Saudi Arabia-Tabuk, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Objectives: Seeking for a senior Planning Engineer with numerous types projects experiences in the construction industry. The candidate will lead the planning works from bidding to performance and should be knowledgeable about planning methodology or common practice in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia or in the middle east regions.
Main responsibilities: including but not limited to the following responsibilities:
1. Provide/implement high quality planning and scheduling standards and expertise to bidding team/construciton team;
2. Produce detailed logic linked project plans in P6 around project WBS, or other equivalent software and advance methodology;
3. Ensure integration of project control procedures into the project delivery process;
4. provide expert advice including daily, weekly or monthly schedule updates;
5. Production of monthly planning reports, resource updates and projections;
6. Production of ad-hoc reports informing the Department Manager and Project Manager of critical path impacts and their effect on progress and completion;
7. Prepare information and attend regular planning and progress meetings.
Reporting to: Department Manager
Other interactions: Department internal employees, company departments,and projects, and other commercial organizations.
Number required: 1
Duration: Permanent position 1-3 years
Probation: 3-6 months
Working Hours: Saturday-Thursday 10h per day
Travel requirements: Occasional travel between Sri Lanka and Saudi Arabia
University Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in building engineering, construction management or related field
Nature and length of previous experience: More than 15years work experience in the construction industry, and at least 5 years significant experience in all aspects of planning and scheduling in Primavera products
1. A flexible approach to be office or site based according to the needs of the business and client?
2. Effective client interface skills and experience with the ability to offer both strategic and project advice?
3. Good report writing and presentation skills?
4. Proficient operate Primavera P6 or other planning software well-wide used in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia or the middle east regions
5. Experience or knowledge of resourcing, progress measurement, earned value analysis, completion forecasting and status reporting
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English?
7. Breadth of experience across whole project and programme lifecycle(e.g. Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation/Commissioning processes)?
8. The ability to reconcile cost information as it applies to the programmes of work.?
9. Proficient in the interpretation of estimating, scheduling, programming and risk tools?
10. Proficient in the use of Earned Value Analysis
Soft Skills and Personality traits:
1. A confident and professional manner, coupled with excellent communication skills, with clients and colleagues alike, to ensure clarity in all situations and to effectively influence;
2. An analytical thinker, be able to show initiative and examples of creativity;
3. Self-motivated and able to work well on your own initiative;
4. Highly organised and able to prioritize;
5. Ability to collaborate and build relationships across the wider teams;
6. Ability to work well under pressure and proven ability to deliver to deadlines
Gender Preference: Male
Language Fluency: English
About the Company
Founded in 1982, China State Construction Engineering Corporation (hereinafter "China State Construction" and "CSCEC") is now a global investment and construction group featuring professional development and market-oriented operation.
China State Construction carries out business management through its public company - China State Construction Engineering Corporation Ltd. (stock code 601668.SH), and has eight listed companies and more than 100 subsidiaries.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Mohammed Al-Rashid Contracting Co. (MARCO)
|Saudi Arabia||16 Jan|
ARCCO (Al Raeel National General Contracting Co.)
Al Manar Arabian Corp.