Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP Middle East are currently looking for a Planning & Project Controls Managers for a large-scale PMC Theme Park project in Al Ahsa, KSA.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Provide leadership for planning and scheduling, progress measurement, and reporting for the entire project
* Provide guidance, direction, and specialized assistance to planning staff, interface with client, attend regular meetings, and provide statistical reports
* Develop, implement and maintain planning, processes, procedure, systems and tools and monitor compliance
* Provide guidance and direction for the resolution of planning and issues as they arise
* Provide regular summary reports to the Project Management team to provide awareness of key project parameters, and assist with exceptions
* Setting-up Primavera Project Management System P6v2 for program management across the planning team with all stakeholders
* Preparing the master programme for the project
* Preparing the daily escalation report for project managers
* Assisting in the consultant selection process for commercial and technical evaluation
* Assisting in establishing / delivering formal reporting arrangements on project progress for the client and project
* Reviewing contract documents, suggesting changes for planning and programming aspects and the addition of new clauses if necessary
* Arranging planning workshops/meetings to discuss and assist contractors / consultants to close their planning / project control issues
* Challenge any claims and EOT requests
* Making recommendations for possible acceleration
* Developing the document control system and communication flow for the project
* Reviewing construction programmes received from contractors and analysing them in line with the contractual requirements
* Ensuring procurement, material and submittal logs are created and maintained
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* A Degree in Civil Engineering, Western qualification is preferred
* Minimum 15+ years post-graduate experience
* Extensive experience with consultancies
* Previous experience in Planning, Project Controls and Project Management
* Good knowledge and experience of the project lifecycle for mixed use projects in respect to planning, cost and schedule control
* Good knowledge of the design process and construction methodologies
* Experienced Project Controls professional with good technical skills (i.e. critical path, earned value, etc)
* Experience in the application of Primavera P6, and knowledge of Primavera contract manager on mixed use development projects
* Demonstrable experience on Theme Park PMC Projects would be advantageous
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognises that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.