Job description / Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP is looking for a PMIS Specialist to ensure consistency in the application and use o Project Management Systems across the programme and ensure all other related systems are integrated effectively.
A typical week would include:
* Ensure the Project Management Information System being used is setup and deployed consistently - i.e. identical configuration, such as user rights, project calendar, reporting templates and dashboards, and work breakdown structure terms, etc.
* Ensure that all the effective components of the PMIS, i.e. Enterprise Project Portfolio Management (EPPM) application (e.g. P6), the Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) application (e.g. Aconex) and the Business Information and Reporting System (e.g. Power BI) is all integrated effectively
* Ensure all the programme requirements are identified and that the PMIS is configured and tuned to provide required outputs and reporting
* Ensure the PMIS integrates effectively into other design and platform functions and that all software and hardware requirements are determined
* Ensure all workflows are determined and configured throughout the systems according to established policies and programme structures
* Ensure the document control and storage systems are setup in a consistent manner to ensure proper and logical handling and storage of project documentation
* Responsible for translating strategic business and project requirements into working systems
* Migration of existing project information and systems to newly built PMIS solution
* Liaise and collaborate with key role-players, viz. Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Specialist, IT Cloud Specialist, Security Specialist, IT Infrastructure Specialist, Project Management Information Specialist and GIS Specialist to ensure the PMIS solution integrates effectively with other areas and technologies and caters for their functionality needs
* Liaise and collaborate with external providers and resources to keep ahead of best-of-breed new developments, applications, trends and deployments
* Ensure there is a clear and updated strategy and roadmap, along with all development stages and requirements, ensuring all the necessary PMIS tools are in place and current to meet complex programme demands
* Liaises with external providers / vendors regarding support, functionality, troubleshooting and shaping / mapping of overall PMIS solution
* Active troubleshooting, testing and support to resolve all PMIS issues
* Overall responsibility, as PMIS Specialist subject matter expert (SME), to ensure a complete fit-for-purpose PMIS solution is designed, implemented and operated at all times
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Bachelor's Degree in Project Management or Project Management Certification (PMP)
* 10 years' project programme experience, working with databases, project setup, template creation, reports and dashboards
* 5 years' or more experience with Aconex, Primavera P6, and other PMIS software
* Experience with Power BI and Risk Management Systems
* Knowledge of GIS, CAD and BIM Software
* In-depth experience in system development and programming, both in web-based and client / server environment
* Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
* Knowledge of project management and construction management workflows
* Ability to work under pressure and operate in a high-pressure environment
* Ability to work in and as a part of a Specialist Team to ensure an overall ICT Solution for the organization and project
* Where applicable, provide training and skills transfer to identified support staff and areas
* Thorough working knowledge and subject matter expert (SME) relating to PMIS Solutions - w.r.t design, implementation, customizing, shaping, analytics, troubleshooting and overall solution
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.?Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.