Job description / Role
This role involves working as part of a big project team within Audit and its purpose is to administer and monitor project and (its sub projects) such that cost, quality, plan, time, and benefits realization are controlled and achieved, through ensuring that all projects adhere to the timelines and the team is connected to meet the ultimate goal.
Main responsibilities of the PMO manager include: programme vision and blueprint development; benefits and quality management; stakeholder management; portfolio management; programme, tranche and project planning including milestone management; and risk and issue management. Integral to delivering these responsibilities will be financial management; maintaining risks, issues, assumptions, actions logs; resource forecasting; dependency management; and programme reporting. Operationally, the PMO manager provides and enables project prioritisation, management information, financial reporting, resource planning, decision making, and recruitment.
• Ensure the successful implementation of the PMO’s strategy, responsibilities, services and deliverables.
• Monitor Programme reporting and assist team in reporting to Senior Management and stakeholders.
• Establish frameworks and standards for Programme and Project Management Manage and compile Programme related financial and KPI information Oversee project costs and ensure finances are well managed
• Provide and maintain a capacity planning and resource tracking service across the Programme
• Update and maintain the Risk Log, Action Log, Decisions Log, and Issue Register
• planned Track financial reporting whilst ensuring that the programme and projects adhere to the agreed budget
• Ensure cross-programme dependencies are managed and the dependency log is accurately maintained.
• Coordinate project closure to distil good practice and ensure lessons learned are logged.
• Build cohesion within the team and motivate team to produce quality work.
• Define and embed project control and governance
• Provide Project planning, Milestone management, Scope management, Resource forecasting;
• Financial Management; Change Management across the project portfolio
• Prepare regular status reporting for the engagement leadership
Skills and Knowledge:
• Proven track record for planning, executing, controlling and closing projects and the ability to manage a project and its components simultaneously with minimal supervision
• Experience of managing a PMO office
• Experience of managing the complete lifecycle of a project with project teams of 5 to 25 people
• Experience of project management using AGILE or PRINCE2 methodology (or equivalent) for medium to large sized projects
• Strong skills in creating and maintaining project and programme plans, including risks, actions, issues, dependencies
• Highly efficient in resource planning and tasks assignment
• Knowledge of benefits and dependency mapping, risk management and resource planning
• Highly proficient IT skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS project
• Line management or team leader experience
• Excellent written/oral communication skills for reports and presentations
• Diplomatic ability to influence others at all levels of the business
• Strong and demonstrated ability to build lasting relationships with key stakeholders
• Ability to competently mediate disagreements and negotiate agreeable resolutions
• Experience of Programme and project level financial management
• Experience of defining and delivering benefits realisation for projects and programme
• Personable, pro-active, professional and able to demonstrate full commitment to exceptional customer care and service in all activities. Work as a key member of the team
• Lead the project team which will comprise of staff from audit and client’s Finance function
• Ability to communicate and interact at all levels of the organisation
• Maintain effective relationship with client
• Focus on client relationships and impact on our customer service
• Handles difficult personnel situations directly, using appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect for the individual.
• Exemplary communication skills.
• Challenge others to develop as leaders while clarifying roles and responsibilities.
• Pursue excellence in all aspects of project.
• Possess the expert knowledge to identify opportunities for change and the ability to convey the need for change.
Role Competency Summary
• Project Focus
• Analysis and Decision Making
• Teamwork and Leadership
• Drive for results
• Integrity and commitment
• Communicating and Influencing
• Equality, Diversity and Respect
Specific Role Competencies
• At least five years of relevant project management or PMO management experience.
• Line management or team leadership experience
• PRINCE2 Foundation or Practitioner, or equivalently qualified in similar project management methodologies
About the Company
KPMG is the global network of professional services firms of KPMG International. Our member firms provide audit, tax, and advisory services through industry-focused, talented professionals who deliver value for the benefit of their clients and communities. We operate in 144 countries and have over 6, 600 partners, 76, 000 client service professionals, and 21, 000 administration and support staff working in member firms around the world.
KPMG Al Fozan & Bannaga in Saudi Arabia is enjoying rapid growth in its business which resulted in new exciting opportunities for young professionals in Audit/Tax/Advisory services.
KPMG’s strategic direction is to provide solid career opportunities to outstanding young professionals who will meet the challenges of a dynamic growing business. Opportunities exist in all our offices: Riyadh, Jeddah, and AlKhobar.
Rider Levett Bucknall
IBM Middle East
Senior Director of Project Management
|Saudi Arabia||25 May|
Project Management Office - Project Director
|Saudi Arabia||10 Jul|
SAS Global Consultants