Policy & Regulations Specialist
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Saudi Aramco is looking to appoint an Advocacy Policy & Regulations Specialist/Consultant to join the Corporate Support and Industry Insight Group which reports to the Global Analysis Department within the Strategy & Market Analysis Organization.
The core function of the Strategy & Market Analysis organization is to advise the company's management and guide other departments within the company on energy markets and outlooks, economic evaluations, oil and products pricing, macroeconomic outlook, and international energy policies and regulations, besides assisting in business planning and strategy formulation.
The Advocacy Specialist/Consultant role is to provide in-depth analysis and regular updates on national, regional and global policy developments related to climate change, energy and material transition, sustainability and relevant technology and economic trends/developments The Specialist will monitor current and future regulations and policy developments to identify possible impacts on the Company's operations while also identifying opportunities to engage with external stakeholders to develop studies, researches and publications on relevant topics. As an expert in energy policy, the candidate is expected to formulate the best approach to addressing these challenges and participate in crafting key positions for the company to [advocate] on the global stage. This work can include compiling statistics, analyzing policy implications, synthesizing the information into meaningful reports and recommendations, articles and other documents while working with complex set of internal and external stakeholders. Moreover, the Advocacy Specialist/Consultant will provide recommendations with regards to the company's engagements in major events and conferences.
- Develop positions and crafting key messages for company management to advocate on the global stage.
- Interact with Corporate Executives to convey immediate and long-term policy trends, threats and opportunities impacting the company's global operations and strategy.
- Provide thought leadership around global energy, climate and economic scenarios.
- Provide rigorous analytical and research support, data analysis on policies that are directly or indirectly related to the global energy sectors.
- Monitor, evaluate and Forecast energy trends and other issues with implications for the policy landscape and regulatory environment.
- Create platforms and provide guidance on modelling, assumptions and analytical tools to evaluate policies and conduct policy impact assessments.
- Draft reports on technical and policy issues, be able to benchmark and apply best practices to the Company context.
- Provide expert judgment, by way of thorough analysis on queries from management involving global policy and regulation issues.
- Mentor young professionals and policy analysts to develop their analytical and research skills and recommend training and development pathways to progress their professional development.
- Provide support to Saudi Aramco events in order to increase employee understanding of energy policies and regulations.
- Able to work effectively with the minimum of supervision on ad-hoc tasks.
- Able to perform consistently with changing deadlines and shifting work priorities.
- Ensure both timeliness and a high level of analytical and editorial quality of work.
- Bachelor's degree in, international / public policy, economics, environmental law, or energy related sciences and graduate degree in related field is required.
- At least 15-20 years of relevant professional experience in applied policy analysis, with at least 5 years of experience dealing with energy policies, regulations and corporate strategies.
- Proven ability to evaluate complex policy issues in a rigorous analytical fashion.
- Thorough understanding of current global energy policies. Experience in analysing policy and regulation in both developed and developing countries is a plus.
- Ability to work with and utilize scenario-based and modelling tools to produce various deliverables.
- Proven ability to interface and effectively communicate with management at all levels within the organization and with relevant external stakeholders.
- Proficient English written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate complex technical and legal concepts in a clear, impactful and succinct manner to individuals and groups from diverse professional backgrounds.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.