Mecca, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts is a distinctive group of contemporary hotels designed with the quality and care of Swiss hospitality. We are Swiss at heart and global by nature. We offer guests the quality of life, vitality and peace of mind they need to explore the world and discover life's true rewards "a passion for perfection". We put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path.
At Swissotel Hotels & Resorts, every guest interaction is an opportunity to create a lasting memory. We are looking for a highly talented Polisher to join our dynamic Engineering team.
Swissôtel Makkah Description :
Swissotel Makkah is Swissotel's first hotel to open in Saudi Arabia. The hotel offers 1487 elegant rooms and suites with modern design, complementing the values of today's Arab culture.
As part of the prestigious Abraj Al Bait Complex, the deluxe Swissotel Makkah is a contemporary five-star hotel located in close proximity to the holy Masjid Al Haram, overlooking the Ka'aba and the Grand Mosque.
Swissotel Makkah is part of a new urban development, including two restaurants, one executive lounge, two meeting rooms and a business centre. It has private entrances that make it easier for pilgrims to reach Al Masjid Al Haram.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to Engineering Supervisor, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Able to apply paint, stain, varnish, enamel etc. to property walls, ceilings, and furniture.
- Able to effectively use brushes, spray guns, or rollers.
- Responsible for maintaining property color scheme specifications.
- Responsible for maintaining and match shades of particular areas.
- Apply primers or sealers to prepare new surfaces, such as bare wood or metal, for finish coats.
- Remove old finishes by stripping, sanding, wire brushing, burning, or using water and/or abrasive blasting.
- Cover surfaces with appropriate material for protection during painting and posts appropriate paint signs.
- Clean up and store paint and painting tools and equipment in appropriate areas.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Coordinate with the vendor in order to modify colors of paint, stain, or varnish.
- Take care of the area when the front of the house area-painting job is being carried out.
- Always place the 'Men at work' signboard when working in public area or guest rooms.
- Take rounds of the restaurant and other public areas respective in charge and perform paint/polish mark.
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Any other job or duties assigned by the management as and when required.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- A valid polishing in welding from an accredited institution is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as a Polisher.
- Excellent knowledge of machinery, equipment, and manual tools.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and designs.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.