Job description / Role
Rawabi Holding Company
Operating in Saudi Arabia and the Middle East for over 30 years as one of the leading industrial players in the region and has activities in construction & engineering, oil & gas, petrochemical, utilities, power & electrical, telecommunication & IT, trading, and manufacturing. RAWABI Holding Company comprises various subsidiaries and several associated companies.
To comply to Saudi Aramco requirements:
- Every vessel shall be supported at all times by an "in-Kingdom" Port Captain and Port Engineer; and may be assigned for up to eight (8) vessels.
- To provide operational assistance to vessels including but not limited to vessel capability, Engines, electronic and electrical controls, efficiency and conformity on all of the vessel's working systems to Saudi Aramco standards
The primary responsibility of this position will be
- To ensure that the Company QSMS is carried out onboard in accordance to the ISM and ISPS Code.
- Ensure up to date tracking of vessel Trading Certificates and compliance to Flag State and Port State Control.
- Provide competency assessment of all Deck Officers as per QSMS procedures.
- Attend and coordinate with Clients on the daily progress report of vessels in field operation.
- To provide operational support to Deck Officers and monitor Deck Officers competency in Navigational requirements and Saudi Aramco marine instructions.
- Responsible for ensuring that the vessel Time Sheet is accurate and the timely submitting to RSOS for processing.
- Ensure that every onboard are working in accordance to Company safety procedures and job description.
- Coordinate on the timely arrival of all vessels at Tanajib with regards to Cargo and vessel provision and spares operation.
- To replace the Master any time when required.
- Follow up on Crew personnel in cooperation with the Crew Department so as to ensure that they are meeting with the Safety and Environmental Standards required by any specific party (MLC, Flag State, Class Society, Owners, Clients, OIM, etc.
- To provide technical solutions to present engineering challenges on the vessels assigned to him, keeping in mind on its conformity
- Onshore monitoring and tracking of Rawabi vessels in ship survey status, compliance to Flag State and Port State Control.
- Work in collaboration with Port Engineer, Port Safety Officer and Shore Based Technical Manager maintain sufficient and up to date critical spares (including LSA/FFA) stock at Warehouse in relation to the logistical lead time for procurement and delivery.
- Work in collaboration with Liaise with Port Engineer and Onshore Technical Manager to ensure the timely delivery of critical spares so as not to impede on vessel performance.
- When required, to provide accurate capability assessment report and conduct sea-trial at Shipyards for new-builds in a foreign country.
- For AHTS Vessels, Dynamic Positioning Vessels, Commissary/Training Vessels and Self-Propelled Jackups, the Port Captain shall at all times hold a U.S., U.K. or other European license equal to or better than a British Department of Transport, Class 1 Certificate of Competency (ocean going/ unlimited/motor);
- For other categories of Vessels the Port Captain shall at all times hold a license in accordance with the qualification chart under Section 20 of Aramco MIM.
- The license for the Port Captain and Port Engineer shall be one category above what is required for Master of the vessel they are assigned to.
- The Port Captain shall be fluent in both spoken and written English.
- The Port Captain shall have at least four (4) years experience as Master on the type of vessel they are assigned to.
- The Port Captain shall at all times be able to take over as temporary Master on their assigned vessels.
- Able to act as relief for key vessel personnel.
- Thorough frequent inspections of their assigned vessel, ensure that any deficiencies that arise be immediately rectified and reported to Clients.
- Responsible for all vessel certificates to be current and up-dated as necessary. Vessel certificate files shall be kept both onboard and ashore;
- Ensure that all operational information is forward to the vessel and adhered to. This includes, but not limited to, chart corrections, changes in Aramco operational and emergency instructions and procedures;
- Ensure that Manuals and spare lists shall be kept both onboard and ashore;
- Monitor and enforce Aramco Marine Safety & Loss Prevention Program and carry out periodic audits and report findings to Aramco.
- Participate in Aramco on hire surveys and when required in quarterly inspections;
- Instruct and ensure all Officers and Crews comply with Aramco Instrruction Manual (O.I.M.) 1.519,
- Marine Instruction Manual (MIM) and Marine Vessel Specifications and Requirements.
- Notify Aramco of prospective personnel changes and of forthcoming required evaluations.
- Supply Aramco with copies of licenses and CV for senior vessel officers;
- Ensure that all crew members have the qualification and experience to perform their work in professional, seamanlike and safe manner;
- Shall train unfamiliar Master and Chief Mates in Aramco operational areas and requirements prior to their undergoing a practical and theoretical competency check Aramco.
- Ensure all senior officers comply with Aramco Marine Department dress code and ensure appearance is commensurate for position held;
- Report to Aramco Marine Department everything which may be of interest with regards to the operation of the vessel;
- Participate in and issue written reports/statements of inspections, investigation and similar activities when required by Aramco.
- Perform all other necessary activities to enhance efficient and safe operation of the vessel.
- Communications and Working Relationships
- Approved Aramco Port Captain
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Nautical Certificate of Competency for Deck Officers
- The license for the Port Captain shall be one category above what is required for the vessel he is assigned to.
- COC First Class Certificate of Competency (Foreign going unlimited) with minimum four years with Aramco Contract experience on AHTSS.
- Full STCW Certification including ISM & ISPS as SSO
- DPO Certified
- Marlin Test Certificate
- GMDSS Endorsement
Physical Requirements of the Job - If Applicable
- The job will require travel locally and International.
About the Company
Rawabi Holding, through its fully owned subsidiaries, joint ventures and partnerships with international market leaders, focuses on four core sectors:
Oilfield Services, Contracting & Industrial Services, Offshore Services and Retail. Through these divisions, we provide a diversified range of products and services to a variety of industries: oil, gas and petrochemicals; marine; engineering and construction; power, telecom and IT; corrosion and industrial services; logistics; and consumer products. Although varied and distinct, all our offerings share the same commitment to quality, service and excellence that make them part of the Rawabi Holding family.
Rawabi Holding is a purpose-driven company that exists not only to generate profit, but also to improve everyone and everything we can. From customer projects and employee development to our impact on the communities in which we work, Rawabi Holding is propelled by an unwavering energy to make everything we touch better. No matter how great the challenge or how complex the problem, we face it head-on to deliver proven results.