Job description / Role
The Port Engineer should be a qualified Chief Engineer, STCW III/2 licensed, responsible to coordinates repair and maintenance functions furnished operating fleet to minimize loss of revenue and cost of repairs.
• Key Player in the Marine Services
• Manage all aspects of Vessel shore support including crew administration, management, movement, assignment and familiarization
• Operate and maintain the fleet of vessels as per Saudi Aramco requirements (strong experience on diesel engines)
• Shall at all times be able to take over as temporary Chief Engineer on their assigned Vessels
• Ensure that contractor engineers comply with the company requirements
• Take in charge the training of all Chief Engineers in accordance with Saudi Aramco requirements
• Report to the Proponent and QA&CU all Vessel defect and breakdowns
• Compiling an Officer C.V. Package for review, as specified, as well as notifying Saudi Aramco Proponent of any planned crew movements or change accordingly
• Ensure every candidates Officer completes the required Familiarization and evaluation Procedures as specified
• Assess the candidate Officer on completion of the required Familiarization and signing the report as specified
• Make sure that every candidate Officer is fully prepared for the Evaluation Procedures as specified in these instructions
• Attractive package
• Qualified Chief Engineer, STCW III/2 licensed
• Extensive experience on diesel engines
• Minimum 4 years' experience as Chief Engineer on the type of Vessel they are assigned (Crew Boat / Offshore Security Patrolling Boats)
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Swisslinx Middle East