Job description / Role
RAWABI Holding Company
- Operating in Saudi Arabia and the Middle East for over 30 years as one of the leading industrial players in the region and has activities in construction & engineering, oil & gas, petrochemical, utilities, power & electrical, telecommunication & IT, trading, and manufacturing. RAWABI Holding Company comprises various subsidiaries and several associated companies.
- To provide Technical assistance to vessels including but not limited to vessel Engines, electronic and electrical controls, efficiency and conformity on all of the vessel's working systems to Saudi Aramco standards
- Every vessel shall be supported at all times by an "in-Kingdom" Port Engineer; and the same Port
- Engineer may be assigned for up to eight (8) vessels.
The primary responsibility of this position will be:
- To provide technical solutions to present engineering challenges on the vessels assigned to him, keeping in mind on its conformity
- Onshore monitoring and tracking of Rawabi vessels in ship survey status, compliance to Flag State and Port State Control.
- Provide competency assessment of Engine Officers as per QSMS Procedures.
- Oversee the management of RSOS onshore workshop facilities at Tanajib.
- Manage and maintain sufficient and up to date critical spares stock at Warehouse in relation to the logistical lead time for procurement and delivery.
- Liaise with vessel to ensure the timely delivery of critical spares so as not to impede on vessel performance.
- To provide accurate technical assessment report and conduct sea-trial at Shipyards for new-builds in a foreign country.
- Work closely in collaboration with Port Captain, Port Safety Officer and Onshore Technical Manager to ensure that vessel PMS tracking is up to date.
- Communications and Working Relationships
- Approved Aramco Port Engineer
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- BSc Engineering from any approved marine college.
- COC First Class Marine Engineer (Foreign going unlimited) with minimum four years with Aramco Contract experience on AHTSS.
- Full STCW Certification including ISM & ISPS as SSO
- DPO Certified (preferred)
- Marlin Test Certificate
- GMDSS Endorsement
- For AHTS Vessels, Dynamic Positioning Vessels, Commissary/Training Vessels and Self-Propelled Jack-ups, the Port
- Engineer shall at all times hold a U.S., U.K. or other European license equal to or better than a British Department of
- Transport, Class 1 Certificate of Competency (ocean going/unlimited/motor);
- For other categories of Vessels the Port Engineer shall at all times hold a license in accordance with the qualification
- Chart under Section 20 (MIM) The license for the Port Engineer shall be one category above what is required Chief
- Engineer of the vessel they are assigned to;
- Port engineer shall be fluent in both spoken and written English;
- Port Engineer shall have at least four (4) years' experience as Chief Engineer on the type of vessel they are assigned to;
- Port Engineer shall at all times be able to take over as temporary Chief Engineer on their assigned vessels.
- Familiarity with all Saudi Aramco oil fields, offshore structures and ports.
- Knowledge of operational requirements for each assigned vessel.
- Ability to actively manage and handle each assigned vessel in all disciplines including but not limited to rig supply work, anchor handling, rig moves, crew and commissary deliveries.
- Ability to act as relief for key vessel personnel.
- Knowledge of operational requirements for each assigned vessel.
- Ability to operate each assigned vessel and be aware of any constraints.
- Ability to act as relief for key personnel.
- Knowledge of requirements required for Contractor Engineers.
- Thorough frequent inspections of their assigned vessel, ensure that any deficiencies that arise be immediately rectified and reported to Saudi Aramco;
- Responsible for all vessel certificates to be current and up-dated as necessary. Vessel certificate files shall be kept both onboard and ashore;
- Ensure that all operational information is forward to the vessel and adhered to. This includes, but not limited to changes in Aramco operational and emergency instructions and procedures;
- Shall establish and enforce a Planned Maintenance program for the vessel;
- Manuals and spare lists shall be kept both onboard and ashore;
- Monitor and enforce Aramco Marine Safety & Loss Prevention Program and carry out periodic audits and report findings to Aramco;
- Participate in Aramco on hire surveys and when required in quarterly inspections;
- Instruct and ensure all Engine Officers and Crews comply with Aramco Offshore Instruction Manual (O.I.M.) 1.519,
- Marine Instruction Manual (MIM) and Marine Vessel Specifications and Requirements;
- Notify Aramco of prospective personnel changes and of forthcoming required evaluations. Shall supply Aramco with copies of licenses and CV for senior vessel officers;
- Ensure that all Engine crew members have the qualification and experience to perform their work in professional, seamanlike and safe manner;
- Port Engineer is required to train unfamiliar Chief Engineers in Aramco requirements prior to being checked by Aramco;
- Ensure all senior officers comply with Aramco Marine Department dress code and ensure appearance is commensurate for position held.
- Report to Aramco Marine Department everything which may be of interest with regards to the operation of the vessel;
- Participate in and issue written reports/statements of inspections, investigation and similar activities when required
- by Aramco; and In addition to that stated in this paragraph perform all other necessary activities to enhance
Physical Requirements of the Job - If Applicable:
- The job will require travel locally and International.
- Efficient and safe operation of the vessel.
About the Company
Rawabi Holding, through its fully owned subsidiaries, joint ventures and partnerships with international market leaders, focuses on four core sectors:
Oilfield Services, Contracting & Industrial Services, Offshore Services and Retail. Through these divisions, we provide a diversified range of products and services to a variety of industries: oil, gas and petrochemicals; marine; engineering and construction; power, telecom and IT; corrosion and industrial services; logistics; and consumer products. Although varied and distinct, all our offerings share the same commitment to quality, service and excellence that make them part of the Rawabi Holding family.
Rawabi Holding is a purpose-driven company that exists not only to generate profit, but also to improve everyone and everything we can. From customer projects and employee development to our impact on the communities in which we work, Rawabi Holding is propelled by an unwavering energy to make everything we touch better. No matter how great the challenge or how complex the problem, we face it head-on to deliver proven results.
Site Construction Engineer for a Leading Oil and Gas Company
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Site Mechanical Engineer
A Leading Construction Company In Lebanon
MEP Project Engineer (Mechanical or Electrical)
Ignite Search & Selection
Saudi Aramco Total Refining & Petrochemical Company (SATORP)
Testing and Commissioning Engineer - Mechanical Bias