Job description / Role
• Major Activities Performed: List the major job function(s) of the position.
• Continually monitor and supervise day to day port engineering activities and operations related to Construction, all Machinery, Marine Fleet, Buildings, Navigational Channel Assets, Terminal works and all Maintenance works, receiving all reports and communications from the ground in an efficient manner.
• Responsible for QHSE and incident investigation duties by ensuring the best HSE practices as per IMO and best industry practice standards with an absolute 0 LTI Goal.
• Ensure all International Safety standards from IMO and Maritime Civil Eng. related to Port Areas.
• Ensure that all maintenance activities are updated and with minimum downtime.
Supervise and be responsible for all maintenance agencies, general cleanliness of all spaces and ensure all maintenance is performed to a high standard and as per manufacturer’s recommendations:
• Updating technical worklists, daily work done reports, action tracker.
• Carry out inspections, report defects, raise paperwork as necessary as required to the technical system.
• Promptly attend any breakdowns reported on the ground by the Port Operator.
• Full inventory control for spares and stores on behalf of the Port Authority.
Carry out vessel tasks as assigned by Line Manager:
• To ensure all emergency procedures are exercised on a regular basis and to have a thorough understanding of the same around the Port infrastructure.
• To receive, evaluate and approve the planning of all maintenance activities ensuring NIL downtime.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Port, Marine or Mechanical Engineering from recognized Western University.
• Minimum ten (10) years experience in Ports or Marine Bases in a Senior Management and Engineering role namely related to Terminal Infrastructures, Maritime Divisions, Hydrographic and Heavy Equipment.
• Knowledge of computers and basic software applications: MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point). Engineering Software experience and certification to be displayed.
• Ensure a high standard of Engineering and safety are maintained and Environmental and Quality Assurance processes are allowed
• Must be highly fluent in English.
• Knowledge of computers and basic software applications: MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Project Engineering Manager
Project Manager - Hotel/Mixed Use - Consultancy
Senior Project Manager
Rider Levett Bucknall
Senior Civil & Structural Engineer
|Saudi Arabia||28 Jun|
Quality Control (QC) Manager