Job description / Role
The Manager of Strategic and Development will be responsible to oversees an organization’s strategic and long-term range of goals planning functions. Drives strategic initiatives and supports development of long-term growth and plans and profitability goals.
Major Activities Performed
• Oversee and establishes the JCPDI Port strategic and development plans and initiatives.
• Provides effective, strategic leadership to promote the development of business and performance management with the JCPDI Port services portfolio.
• Drive strategic development initiatives and provide annual improvement plan and recommend emerging industry trends, expansion opportunities including mergers and acquisitions, competitive threats, viability of outside business partners, venture and internal business performance.
• Responsible for overseeing organizational reviews, communicating results to JCPDI top management.
• Develop the established strategies based on organizational review and goals.
• Responsible for communication with industry analysts and and investment community.
• Create functional strategies and specific development objectives for the sub-functions and develop budget/policies/procedure to support the JCPDI Port functional infrastructure.
• Improve JCPDI Port strategic business performance, growth, efficiency by leveraging business toolkits and increase revenue.
• Make presentations on strategic business plans for the JCPDI Port for upper management, when required.
• Ensure that the JCPDI Port business operations of the strategic development services and functions are complying with regulations of the JCPDI.
Experience and Qualifications
• Candidate should have Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration preferably in Marketing with minimum of 8 years of business development directly related experience.
• Strong business administration background in a managerial role.
• Deep knowledge of management of sub-function and solid business development knowledge of the overall departmental functions on business objectives.
• Familiar with industry procedures, specifications and best practices.
• Familiar with planning and scheduling methods such as CPM, project accountability, budgeting and the expenditure and financial of the project.
• Good English language skills including reading, writing and speaking.
• Computer literate with experience using MS Office packages (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access and Power Point Presentation).
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.