Job description / Role
Portfolio Manager - Defence (Riyadh)
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
Due to steady growth in the defence sector throughout the GCC and recent successes in the US market segment, Atkins Defence Middle East is looking to recruit a Portfolio Manager - Defence to be based in Riyadh, KSA.
Saudi Arabia is the world’s third largest defence market and is the focus for major US defence programs in the coming years with exponential growth planned in US organisations in region, such as the Corps of Engineers.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region; backed by a global track record in the US defence sector with major US federal agencies.
This new role will reflect the portfolio based mandate of Atkins Defence Middle East, in particular to develop and manage key client relationships; develop and deliver selected bid opportunities; and, manage or monitor selected projects or programs.
Although based in Riyadh, frequent travel may be expected throughout the GCC and potentially beyond, to respond to opportunities and projects as they emerge within the wider region.
Technical Competences / Qualifications / Experience
- Degree qualified in an architectural or relevant engineering discipline.
- US PE certified
- Minimum 12 years’ professional experience including at least 6 in a leading engineering role and at least 3 in a project management capacity.
- Substantial previous experience in the design, engineering or project management of facilities and / or infrastructure within a defence environment
- Minimum 6 years in federal agency or international standard design and engineering consultancy
- Background compatible with Saudi Arabia security policy.
- Knowledge of the working practices and processes of the US Army Corps of Engineers
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills (including spoken and written English).
- Substantial experience with the US Army Corps of Engineers
- Middle East experience
- Previous client-facing, business development experience
- Ex- US forces, preferably in engineering role or organisation
- Middle East experience
- Proficiency in typical Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, CRM
- Committed and tenacious approach to achieving objectives
- Self-starter, able to work on own initiative within established parameters
- Approachable yet authoritative; influential and persuasive
- Good listener, perceptive, with ability to quickly and accurately assimilate information.
- Confident and articulate
- Collaborate approach in team environment
- Honesty and integrity
- Good organizational skills, proficient in planning and scheduling
- Technically aware; commercially astute
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).