Job description / Role
We are currently looking for a Portfolio & Programme Management professional to support the service line, the growth of our Portfolio & Programme Management pipeline and the delivery of strategic Portfolio / Programme & Asset Management initiatives across the GCC and Egypt as an initial target market. In the short-run, for the next 2 years, the mandate is expected to grow to cover East Africa and South-East Asia. The role will be based in the MENA region, and the successful candidate will be reporting to the Managers of Portfolio / Programme & Asset Management service line.
Acuity is the advisory business from the Atkins Group. We help clients with big infrastructure and energy ambitions to deliver them successfully. Combining deep business acumen with the engineering expertise of Atkins, we offer seamless, end-to-end advisory services that build greater value, and ever rewarding partnerships
Acuity advisory services help clients achieve genuine benefits from their investment and change programmes. We advise at senior levels on complex business problems, but we also take a hands-on role, to ensure the solutions aren't just conceived, they are actually delivered. Our ethos is to stand side-by-side with our clients until the real-world benefits of their investment and change programmes are realised.
Acuity operates various sub-services under the service line Portfolio & Programme Management, which is carried out on a global basis. The sub-services are as follows
- Portfolio & Programme Management Maturity Assessment
- Portfolio & Programme Prioritisation & Optimisation
- Portfolio & Programme Management Office Establishment & Operations
- Portfolio & Programme Delivery Management
- Capability Building & Knowledge Transfer
Responsibilities below shall be undertaken within the Portfolio & Programme Management function of the client’s organisation
- Support the delivery of Portfolio & Programme Management projects
- Assist in the development of tools, processes and systems to support the delivery of Portfolio & Programme Management projects
- Support due diligence studies on client’s organisation, systems and processes in an effort to seek improvements and eliminate waste
- Support the change & transition design from current state organisation structures to the newly designed or newly established organisation structures
- Support on organisation design projects particularly for Portfolio & Programme Management offices and functions
- Assist with the delivery of new entities mandated to oversee and manage the delivery of major infrastructure projects and programmes
- Support the execution of the technology vision, goals, and initiatives that support the long-term objectives and mission of the Portfolio & Programme Management function
- Support the development and implementation of programme implementation plan and programme management information system.
Basic & Technical Competencies
- Shall be qualified with a degree (preferably Business Management or Engineering) from a leading university.
- Three (3) to six (6) years of relevant experience in Portfolio & Programme Management in a management consultancy / advisory services capacity
- The ideal candidate should be someone who has worked in a Management Consultant capacity preferably with a Big Four Consultancy or Global strategy houses or international management consultancies in the Middle East region.
- Strong analytical, organizational, multi-tasking, presentation, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Experience of planning & reporting tools, including MS Project, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
- Self-motivated and determined to pursue continuous improvement, which is essential to processes & procedures development
- Experience in data management and detail oriented
- Sector exposure and experience of the following areas
- Infrastructure development & Construction
- Transport, Logistics, and Supply Chain Management
- Public administration
- Municipal services and urban development
Experience in the following
- Developing standard PM methods, reporting and dashboarding structures
- Developing issue and change management frameworks, processes and procedures
- Portfolio & Programme Management Framework & Process Development
- Production of Portfolio & Programme Management Policies & Procedures
- Maturity modelling, KPIs, stage gating, reporting templates, and PMO audit programme development.
- Demonstrate drive, enthusiasm and commitment to projects while projecting a professional image
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Able to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a proactive manner with a positive attitude
- Maintains composure in demanding and changing situations and understands when to ask for help from more senior staff
- Consistently achieves high quality standards and requires limited direction and supervision
- Functions confidently and competently within client environment and has a positive impact on clients’ perception of Acuity
- Shows flexibility in tasks and location, and deals well with ambiguity
- Excellent communication skills – written and spoken English is essential (Arabic preferred)
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).