Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
- Develop and implement project controls strategies, policies, and procedures to ensure effective project management and adherence to industry best practices.
- Lead and manage a team of project controls professionals, providing guidance, training, and support to ensure high-quality project controls deliverables.
- Establish project control baselines, including project schedules, budgets, and resource allocation plans, in collaboration with project managers and other stakeholders.
- Monitor and analyze portfolio schedules, costs, and resource utilization to identify variances, trends, and potential risks or issues. Develop and implement appropriate corrective actions and mitigation strategies.
- Provide regular reports on portfolio performance, including schedule status, cost performance, and project risks, to project stakeholders and senior management.
- Collaborate with project managers and functional teams to develop and maintain project schedules, ensuring alignment with project objectives and milestones.
- Conduct regular project cost reviews, analyze cost reports, and identify opportunities for cost optimization and efficiency improvements.
- Implement and maintain project risk management processes, including identification, assessment, and mitigation of project risks. Develop risk response plans and monitor their effectiveness.
- Coordinate with procurement and contract management teams to ensure accurate tracking and reporting of project-related contracts, change orders, and claims.
- Stay updated with industry trends, project controls methodologies, and tools. Recommend and implement improvements to enhance project controls capabilities within the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management, or a related field. A master's degree is preferred.
- Sufficient years of experience in project controls, estimation, and planning. Preferably in the oil and gas industry.
- Strong knowledge of project management principles, methodologies, and tools, including scheduling, cost control, and risk management.
- Proficient in using project controls software such as Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, and cost management tools.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing project controls teams.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex data and provide actionable insights.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously, within budget and schedule constraints.
- Familiarity with relevant industry standards and regulations, such as API, ISO, and ASME codes.
- Professional certifications such as Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Cost Professional (CCP) are highly desirable.
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.