Postdoctoral IBM Computational Climate and Sustainability Researcher
Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- IBM Research invites applications for postdoctoral positions, we are seeking outstanding candidates who obtained their Doctoral degree within the last five (5) years.
- Applicants who are currently finalizing their doctoral dissertations for examination may apply, provided that they will submit by 31 May 2023.
- The positions are for 24-36 months.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Be unemployed for the duration of the fellowship.
- Have completed at least a Doctoral degree (completing by May 2023) or within the last 5 years, in Physical or Atmospheric or Computer Science, or Civil or Electrical Engineering and other related fields with considerable programming experience as it relates to AI, ML modelling, data engineering, applied mathematics and statistics.
- Have demonstrable research proficiency based on the scientific method, meaning they must have the ability to define research questions, formulate hypothesis, and develop innovative solutions using cutting-edge technologies.
- Be familiar with state of art programming (Python, C++, Java etc.) and computer engineering practices as well as data science and machine learning methods, including their implementation. Experience with deep learning, transformer models, and computational mathematics will be advantageous.
- Be preferably familiar with climate and atmospheric sciences and remote sensing research and tools, techniques and methodologies.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.