Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Power System Planning is seeking for a power investment and transaction expert, with skills and competency to support and analyze current power systems investments or Joint Ventures performance. Power System is under the downstream business line, providing Power Engineering, Operation and Investment services for the company's both downstream and upstream operations and plants. Conducts special studies and performs engineering analysis, development, design, coordinate and control of assigned projects within any one of the recognized engineering fields. Job requires that incumbents have training, knowledge and ability in his engineering specialty, a working knowledge of related engineering fields, applicable codes and standards.
• Leads and recommends new continuous improvement solutions for installations or modifications to improve existing facilities and standardization within specific fields of endeavor.
• Estimates costs, prepares justifications and completes expenditure requests as required.
• Leads the activities of project proposal that include development of scope, functions, interrelationship, integration, physical solution definition, cost estimate, etc.
• Leads project execution for project proposal, initiatives, studies and continuous improvement of solutions and problem solvers.
• Plans, schedules and provides work direction for preparation of designs, processes, reports, correspondence and related data and assures the efficiency, adequacy and conformance to overall objectives of challenging engineering problems.
• Formulates the basis for engineering studies in any of several basic or special engineering fields by analyzing and evaluating all relevant data
• Evaluates data as to scope, effect on existing installations, economic value, and long range planning and budgetary considerations.
• Initiates detailed work outline and makes decision as to basic approaches, processes and/or equipment. Performs work and/or delegates work to other engineers for final development of specialized or technical proposals and proposed projects.
• Brings all elements of a project together, makes certain that all elements proceed satisfactorily on schedule and within the allocated budget; and initiates corrective action as required.
• Reviews cost estimates, recommendation from vendors, engineering firms, and licensors.
• Develops scope and description of technology items and leads the implementation and operation of developed solutions in the field.
• Reviews work of engineers directed.
• Checks that reports are written. according to established methods of good report presentation.
• Makes recommendations for future study or report changes.
• Conducts peer-review of technical reports and reviews work of third party, technology reports, and engineering standards.
Education & Experience Requirements
Educational Level: Bachelors
Degree Title: Bachelor of Science
Discipline Title: Engineering
Minimum Years of Experience: 09
Certificate Title: Fundamental of Engineers (FE)
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.