Power Relay Technician
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
SAPOD is seeking for SR power relay technician who provides highly-skilled expertise and work direction in maintaining, troubleshooting, and repair of all protective relaying and control systems for substations, switching stations, power plants, uninterruptible power supplies, and large motor.
- Installs, tests, adjusts, calibrates, repairs, and troubleshoots electrical power system protective relaying, control, alarm, metering, remote control and Programmable Logic controllers.
- Performs as a work director and trains subordinate technicians in more complex areas of relaying, substation automation, control, and metering system.
- Determines materials and equipment required for construction and maintenance; submits detailed lists to Supervisor for approval; orders and receives as required.
- Coordinates with Planning Group to schedules power outages with affected organizations as required to perform routine maintenance or make repairs on power system facilities.
- Receives work permits under the direction of the Power Dispatcher or Senior Electric System Operator and restores equipment to service; when such activities are required to perform work in a timely manner.
- Receives instruction from and coordinates work with Relay/Automation Engineering on protective relaying installation, modification and troubleshooting. Notifies Relay/Automation Engineers of all field changes in order to maintain up-to-date records. Makes revisions to drawings to keep them current and reflect the actual situation in the field. Forwards the information for incorporation into company records. Maintains a continuing up-to-date audit of all equipment worked on, including; nameplate data, conditions, settings, past malfunctions and corrections required. Documents conditions found, adjustments made, calibrations settings, final condition of equipment, etc., for forwarding to the Relay/Automation Engineers and incorporation into their records.
- Troubleshoots and repairs remote control and supervisory facilities from initiating signal device to the input circuitry for the microwave facilities.
- Troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs synchronization systems and voltage regulation.
- Performs, analyzes results, and records primary injections and polarization indexes.
- Performs preventive maintenance, installs, commissions, calibrates, tests, repairs, analyzes results and troubleshoots protective relaying, substation automation, control, alarm, metering, and peripheral systems using various types of test and calibration equipment. Equipment used includes computerized and special test equipment in addition to the standard electrical test equipment.
- Receives work permits under the director of the Power Dispatcher or Senior Electric System Operator and normalize equipment to be put in service; when such activities are required to perform work in a timely manner.
- Normally provides work direction for four lower classified personnel on assignments of varying complexity, working at one or more locations.
- Revises existing systems and equipment to conform to verbal instructions, revised drawings, and work orders.
- Practices good housekeeping, including jobsite cleanup, conforms to safety standards, rules, and practices and requires it in others.
- Performs other miscellaneous tasks as directed by the Supervisor.
- Prepares, submits and follows up exception items.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Minimum Years of Experience: 11
- Special Field of Experience: 11 years of experience in electrical control circuitry, relaying, and electric utilities. Meets all the requirements of Power Relay Technician I and II, Maintenance Electrician I & II and Maintenance Craftsman.
- Ability to operate and interpret the results of all types of relay test and calibration equipment. Demonstrated leadership ability and resolve to train others. Good knowledge of basic computer applications. Thorough knowledge of work standards Arabian and U.S. electrical codes and good training skills.
- Fluent command of the English language, both oral and written. Reads and interprets Blueprints, vendors' manuals, and schematic and logic diagrams.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.