Job description / Role
The Power Systems Manager is a full-time role that will support the Asset & Maintenance Team in their oversight and supervision of the Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Contractors for the Riyadh Metro Project. The expertise of the Power Systems Manager will ensure that the High Voltage, Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Traction Power Systems used and maintained by the O&M Contractors will perform at the highest level of safety, efficiency, availability and reliability. The performance of HV, MV, LV and Traction Power Systems will be intrinsic to delivering a world-class metro service for Riyadh.
Our Client requires the person appointed to this role to have a minimum of 10 years' management and technical experience within this area of expertise in a railway environment.
SNC-Lavalin Projects and O&M Services is a business unit of SNC-Lavalin Group. We provide a full range of project management, programme management, construction management, engineering services, consulting services and operation and maintenance services across the MENA region. Active in the Middle East for over 40 years, we have offices in the Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Oman, and Egypt. for transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions - including PPP, capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance to international clients. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com/ .
Responsibilities & Duties
- Demonstrate understanding of the safety significance in the operation and maintenance of the High, Medium and Low Voltage systems and Traction Power Systems in a railway environment and always place this safety as the highest priority;
- Technical management of Subject Matter Experts for MV/LV Power Systems and Traction Power Systems;
- Review the O&M Contractors' submissions for MV/LV Power Systems and Traction Power Systems including asset and maintenance plans, procedures and work instructions;
- Support the coordination of the O&M Contractors with the Design & Build (D&B) Contractors with respect to MV/LV Power Systems and Traction Power Systems;
- Oversee and report on MV and LV and Traction Power Systems maintenance delivery activities by O&M contractors, verify that it is being carried out safely and to the Employer's satisfaction;
- Responsible for measuring O&M Contractors' performance in relation to MV and LV and Traction Power Systems, (must be capable of evaluating and adjusting performance where and when required);
- Advise on the Asset Management and Maintenance Strategy relating to MV and LV and Traction Power Systems;
- Monitor, audit and report Key Performance Indicators (KPI) relating to MV, LV and Traction Power Systems;
- Represent and support the Senior Asset & Maintenance Manager as needed; and Perform other duties as directed, in support of the Asset & Maintenance Team and the project.
The Candidate shall have a minimum of 10years' experience in the following areas:
- Technical management of engineering teams or similar;
- High, Medium and Low Voltage power supply networks, MV cable networks, MV distribution substations and MV switching stations and MV & LV switchgear;
- 750V to 1500V DC traction power systems including traction power substations
- AC and DC switchgear, HSCBs, VLDs, transformers, rectifiers, inverters, energy regeneration and AC & DC control & protection devices.
- Earthing, Bonding and Stray current mitigation/protection;
- LV power distribution systems, Lighting & small power distribution, Emergency Backup LV Generators, Power Factor Correction, UPS systems, and Central Battery Systems.
Skills and Aptitude
- The candidate will have good interpersonal skills and able to communicate clearly and effectively with others through both oral and written communications.
- Able to work within a collaborative team that promotes sharing of knowledge and experience.
- The Candidate must be physically capable of carrying out site visits and inspections in a railway environment, throughout the construction, testing & commissioning and operational phases of the project.
Additional Project Requirements
- The project language is English. The candidate must have excellent verbal and written English language skills.
- Additionally, having a good command of Arabic would be a distinct advantage.
- Demonstrate reliability and responsibility
- Have good problem-solving skills through creative thinking and analysis
- Work to tight deadlines and complete tasks.
- Working with multiple priorities.
- Managing project deadlines.
- Able to work in a collaborative multicultural environment
- Highly motivated and passionate about their work
- Additionally, having project/team management skills would be a distinct advantage
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- 21 calendar days annual leave
- Medical insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Program - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).