Job description / Role
Work Area: Presales
Expected Travel: 0 - 30%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY AND TASKS
In the new era of digital transformation and intelligent enterprise, SAP Prospects and customers demand a solid, reliable and trustworthy counterpart from SAP to work with as trusted advisor and single point of contact to better understand the Business value and User/Client experience that they can achieve by using SAP solutions. The Business Architect (BA) is a key role within SAP presales to support the customer decision to invest in the appropriate SAP solution.
The BA is responsible to co-define the account & sales strategy and plan and to successfully execute sales engagements. These engagements are based on a strong personal knowledge of the assigned Industry in combination with our solutions and customer business processes and models.
The BA leads and manages all Presales engagements for a given set of accounts and opportunities, with full accountability of the results from sales engagements, that she/he leads with proven leadership.
According to the defined sales and account strategy, the BA designs the sales process content and its execution, identifies and manages the staffing of required SAP resources (presales, Industry experts, Value engineer, Product/solution management, Consultants, etc), to exceed the customer expectations on business needs, impacts, solution capabilities and ultimately the end user experience.
The BA is expected to establish a solid relationship with a Customer Executive (CXO), by speaking their business language and clarifying the business value that the Customer can experience from SAP Solutions
The BA must possess strong solution selling and value-based selling skills, business knowledge of the Industry he/she is responsible for and coach and manage the assigned presales team members in complex sales cycles.
OVERVIEW & SKILLS FOR SUCCESS
Business Architect is the ultimate SAP Solution expert:
- Broad knowledge of industry processes and business models
- Broad knowledge of SAP Portfolio - both solutions and technology
- Knowledgeable with business capabilities of SAP solutions
- Solid understanding of the latest industry and technology trends for Industry
- Proven contributor and leader in account and opportunity strategy definition
- Strong practitioner of customer discovery and deal qualification practices
- Firm ability to staff and orchestrate VAT teams to create a business architecture (business processes) to meet the customer requirements with multiple SAP solutions
- Strong gravitas in explaining the business impacts of a multi-solution architecture to Executives
- Challenger, Sales and Digital Transformation attitude driven by a business mindset
- Ability to harmonize SAP's win themes and key messaging during complex sales/ demo cycle
- Seasoned and trustworthy solution advisor to customer executives and decision makers
- Able to establish personal long-term customer relationships
- Team builder, natural motivator of team members
- Articulation of business messages with SAP unique selling points
- Consistent customer experience throughout the sales cycle via orchestration of the end-to-end solution positioning and messaging
- Trusted relationship with key customer stakeholders on SAP's role in solving the customer's business needs
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Account Planning & Management:
- Define (with sales executives) the account strategy and identify business needs & incremental solution opportunities
- Research account and industry context maps, understand the SAP solution scope and possible customer needs
- Support and liaise with sales in account planning activities to build the customer vision based on solution scope
- Single point of contact for sales into the presales organization
- Strong ability to analyse customer strategy, customer organization (power map) and identify customer needs and related customer stakeholders
- Review/ensure professional opportunity qualification with sales
- Plan deal execution (activities, presales skills, win themes and expected outcomes)
- Staff required VAT experts within Presales and other SAP organizations (COE, IVE, IBU, partners etc.)
- Deliver & support business process and model innovation workshops (design thinking)
- Discover business needs, map solutions and explain business impacts to Executives
- Design a business architecture that meets the customer needs and is supported by multi-solutions
- Design/validate solution landscape with EA and Solution specialists that meets customer requirements
- Monitor the impact of Presales Specialists, ensuring consistency of win themes and overall messaging in customer interactions/demos
- Ensure BOM preparation and that it aligns with the customers Business needs
- Ensure hand over from presales to DBS/CEE/Partners
- Govern the complex deals to ensure consistency in delivering messages, and solution presentation/demos, according to the sales strategy and customer needs
- Collaborate with sales/ COO area to identify opportunities in assigned accounts utilizing SAP solution
- Deliver business workshops to discover and identify business needs
- Build personal customer relationships and support AE's
- Stay current on new solutions and SAP innovation updates
- Maintain a close understanding and appreciation of competitive solution differentiators.
- Actively participates in the solution HUB of their primary and secondary specializations
EXPERIENCE & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
- 10+ years of Presales experience as a Product Specialists, Solution Captain or Presales Manager or similar roles in Consulting
- Expert knowledge/expertise on end to end processes/solution matching (Business Architecting / Solution Architecting)
- Latest SAP solution knowledge (S/4, C/4, etc.) is a strong plus
- Deep Knowledge in Industry business processes, business models and related trends
- Experience in sales and sales processes in complex contexts
- Program/Project Management capabilities
- Leadership and Seniority in C-level engagements
- English: expert
- Business level local language: expert
SOFT SKILLS (as a plus)
- Natural leader & Motivator
- Excellent communication skills
- Empathic and able to create empathy
- Ideation / Design Thinking
- Story crafting / Storytelling
- Active Listening
- Challenger Questioning
- Influence without Authority
- Bachelor equivalent: minimum requirement
- Master equivalent: is a plus
- MBA / Ph.D.: optional
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.