Job description / Role
The role of the Press Office Senior Manager is to act as a point of contact to answer international media queries, monitor press releases as well as engage with international media outlets that pertain to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia's image.
* Define engagement objectives, initiatives, and topics of interest in order to develop engagement plan ensuring alignment with communication strategy.
* Formulate initial drafts of stories to be communicated based on topics of interest extracted from monitoring reports, communication grid and media requests, then circulate approved version to relevant stakeholders.
* Review summary reports of meetings between regional desks and engaged media representatives, identify key findings and recommendations, and ensure circulation to key stakeholders.
* Review press release/publication request and identified objectives, message and audience and approve requests to include spokesperson in press releases when needed and confirm length and budget of paid content for publication.
* Oversee drafted press releases and responses, publication content, and event briefing packs providing recommendations for improvement to promote KSA Image in line with set communication strategy.
* Ensure revision and circulation of approved post event reports in order to highlight gaps and lessons learned for future references.
* Ensure prompt and accurate coordination with Foreign Delegations and Visitors team to publish press releases and official announcements about delegations and events when needed and with Rapid Response Team to publish press releases and official crisis announcements as and when needed.
* Monitor received media / press enquiries about KSA coordinated with relevant stakeholders (communication center) to provide official/ formal response of the government in line with communication strategy.
* Bachelor Degree
* A minimum of 8 -10 years of relevant experience with at least 5 years of experience in strategic public relations or in a political press office or newspaper or radio station
* Monitoring media enquiries, press releases and managing media relations in a political/foreign affairs press office
* Composing press releases and managing media relations in a political/foreign affairs press office
* Fluency in English and Arabic
About the Company
Robert Walters is one of the world's largest specialist professional recruitment consultancies with 53 offices spanning 24 countries.
We've helped thousands of professionals find permanent, contract and interim roles with leading global corporations, small to medium sized companies and innovative start ups. Our specialist recruitment focus includes: accountancy and finance, banking, engineering, operations, legal, IT, sales, marketing, procurement & logistics, HR and support/administration.