Job description / Role
Atkins are looking for a Principal Architect in Riyadh, KSA for large developments focused on Residential, Hospitality, Leisure and Infrastructure sectors.
- Technical management of a team
- Front end design work and planning
- Client, Employer and Stakeholder Liaison
- Supervise the Concept, Prelim and Detail Design documentation
- Supervise the work of external 3D Visualisers
- Prepare and deliver presentations
- Assist with bid proposals and presentation of bids
- Preparing and presenting feasibility reports and design proposals to the client
- Involvement with Value Engineering
- Supervise the preparation of applications for planning and building control departments
- Supervise the preparation of tender documents for contracts
- Site Inspections and Construction Support
- Resolving problems and issues that arise during construction
- Keeping within financial budgets and deadlines
- Coordinating with contractors and other professionals
- Controlling a project from start to finish
- Relevant experience in a senior level on large mixed-use projects
- Qualified Architect with 10-15 years post qualification experience - Preferably registered in UK, USA or Australia
- Good all-round experience from front end to delivery. Proven experience during later stages is a plus
- Good understanding of ME Buildings Codes
- Experience managing teams and mentoring younger staff
- Client and stakeholder facing experience
- Site Experience
- Design and Build Experience would be an advantage
- Preferably based in KSA
- Flexibility and willingness to travel regionally
- LEED AP
- Middle East Experience
- Sketch up
- Rhino/ Grasshopper
- The right candidates would be pragmatic, intuitive, well organised and creative.
- Will work as a member of a team and be expected to contribute to team performance and demonstrate use of initiative
- Must be able to manage a large team of staff and work to tight deadlines
- Keep calm under pressure
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).