Job description / Role
Responsible for review, verification and approval of architectural submittals, qualifications of material manufacturers/suppliers and quality of materials, application/methodologies, shop drawings, ITP and quantities in compliance with the project specifications, approved drawings, applicable code, standards and within budget and schedule.
Reports directly to the CSG Supervisor / CPS Manager to receive administrative and technical direction in terms of project objectives. Interfaces with other Royal Commission Departments, End Users and Engineering Department staff, Contractors and occasionally with senior management and client representatives.
Major Activities Performed:
• Review, verify and approve all Contractors’ architectural material submittals complying with the project specifications, approved drawings, applicable code, standards. Review, Verify and approve prequalification documents of Manufacturers and suppliers.
• Review, Verify and approve Shop drawings, ITPs and other contractual documents/requirements.
• Witnesses contractors’ material selection, installation and quality control inspections to ensure that the permanent and finishing works are constructed according to the contract, applicable codes, standards, approved drawings and specifications.
• Provides technical guidance to CSG Supervisor / CPS Manager in interpretation of architectural specifications. Reviews job plans, methods, material selection, equipment, and detects potential problems in conforming to established schedules or specifications.
• Reviews problems with Contractor and other departments to determine whether proposed actions are adequate for resolution.
• Reviews contractor-submitted architectural shop drawings, material submittals, interiors and exterior finishes, mock-ups, landscaping, and coordinates with the concerned departments for obtaining their approval and/or comments.
• Arranges meetings between the contractor and concerned departments to resolve interfacing problems during construction.
• Conducts or directs fact finding architectural investigations and advises CSG Supervisor / CPS Manager.
• Initiates and prepares for CSG Supervisor / CPS Manager draft architectural related letters, memos or reports to contractors and other Departments.
Experience and Qualifications:
• BS/BA Degree in Architecture from western recognized university
• Minimum of 10 (Ten) years of total experience (5 years as technical reviewer) in architectural construction and materials selection of building projects such as multi-story buildings, offices, residential developments, auditorium, or education / commercial buildings.
The candidate also should have:
• Design and Technical Review experience and should be well versed with Architectural Codes, Specifications and Building/Material Standards. (Technical Specification writer would be an advantage)
• Owner’s Engineer representing the Royal Commission.
• Experience in monitoring and inspection of on-site architectural activities, including; interior finishes, tiling, painting, door, window and false ceiling installations, and furniture.
• Professional registration (RA) or PMP certification is required.
• Knowledgeable of US architectural codes and standards.
• Provide technical guidance to contractors and utilizes expertise to ensure that the materials and works are done as per the contract in accordance with applicable codes, standards, approved drawings, and specifications, budget and schedule.
- Construction and building drawings.
- Applicable Architectural codes, standards construction practices.
- Construction sequencing and methodology
• Knowledge of International building code (IBC) and Uniform Building Code (UBC).
• Candidate must be LEED certified.
• Must have or be able to obtain Saudi Driving License.
• Must be fluent in English – both verbal/written and be able to effectively communicate with others.
• Knowledge of computers and basic software applications: MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), read construction schedules (Primavera).
• Advance AutoCAD experience.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.