Job description / Role
• Provide technical support to Engineering Department in the development and execution of various projects related to communities, and Industrial Roads and Grading and infrastructure projects.
• Principal Engineer will report to a Civil Supervising Engineer.
• Will interact and coordinate work with other sections of Engineering as well as other Royal Commission Departments
Major Activities Performed
• Familiarizes with all Royal Commission codes and standards, General Design Criteria and Technical Guidelines, standard drawings and standard guide specifications, Specifically to his area of expertise in Roads and Grading design
• Review of A/E contractors design submittals, specifications, technical reports, calculations and coordinate work of other disciplines and departments.
• Preparation of technical specifications and drawings for bid packages related to the development of various community and industrial projects.
• Will implement methods and solutions for complex engineering problems and will select the most efficient and economical solution to meet our clients’ design objectives.
• Leads other Engineers and design personnel in technical excellence and growth in the Quality Improvement Process.
• Provides technical consultations for interdisciplinary analytical studies and analyses.
• Assists in the review of vendor drawings and shop drawings.
• Prepare conceptual design and layouts.
• Performs field inspection and provide field support, as necessary during construction phases.
• Provide response and technical solutions to RFI’s raised by Contractors, Operation and maintenance.
• Must work well within a dynamic team and serve as a technical consultant to the client.
Experience and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with major course work in civil engineering, or a related field of study.
• Minimum 15 years of experience in design of residential, commercial, and industrial master-planned communities, storm water management, water and wastewater distribution network and paving plans for urban and rural roads.
• Experience in preparing and modeling site grading, setting up horizontal and vertical geometry of roads, corridor modeling, generating profiles and cross sections, and calculation of earth work volumes.
• Experience in implementing road safety measures, pavement design, and signing and pavement marking. Knowledge in traffic planning and analysis, and traffic signalization design is a plus.
• Professional Engineer (PE) registration required.
• Must demonstrate continual progression of experience and expertise in relevant discipline and area of expertise.
• Ability to communicate effectively in both spoken and written English. Knowledge of Arabic language is a plus.
• Knowledge of computers and basic software applications such as: AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Microstation, InRoads, HCS, Synchro, SIDRA, VISSIM, MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point). Proficiency in Civil 3D is a plus.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.