Job description / Role
Provision of professional support for planning of land development and utility expansion to ensure that all infrastructure systems have adequate capacity for to support industries in both short and long-term scenarios. Ensure that system configurations are engineered to provide reliable services. Provide ready answers and information on civil works planning to the Section Supervisor. This position is for the Jazan, Saudi Arabia project.
The engineer filling this position will report directly to the Supervisor of Infrastructure Planning, a group contained within the Projects Planning Section of the Engineering Department of the Royal Commission for Jazan. Primary interfaces outside the Engineering Department will be with the other Royal Commission Departments.
Major Activities Performed
The person filling this position will supplement the existing Engineering staff with specialized experience and job knowledge. This engineer is expected to represent the Royal Commission/SAPL in direct communications with representatives of private investors and Utility Agency, the private utility provider for Jazan.
• Provide technical interfacing with industrial investors and their contractors in the areas of survey benchmarks, site grading and drainage, utility interfaces, and offsite, above-grade pipeline routing.
• Planning and efficient utilization of utility corridors for water pipeline networks, sewers, electrical and telecom networks both direct buried and in duct banks.
• Review existing site conditions and develop scopes of work for utility system expansions based on site evaluation and client requirements.
• Conduct feasibility studies and build consensus among stakeholders for agreement on project requirements and goals.
• Preparing project charters and work breakdown plans to accomplish the project goals.
• Participation as a mentor in a training program for recent Saudi university graduates.
• Minimum of 10 years engineering experience; a minimum of 5 years shall have been spent in utility network planning and system expansions.
• A degree in Engineering from a recognized university. A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required; a Master’s degree is preferred.
• Registration as a Professional Engineer is desirable but not required.
• The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is required.
The qualifying experience will include:
• Demonstrable project-oriented experience, particularly with preparation of project proposal documents that include technical work descriptions and project milestone schedule.;
• Experience with interpretation of topographic survey data, site grading and drainage.
• Experience with water and wastewater conveyance networks and pipelines; experience with large diameter water pipelines is a plus.
• Experience with open channel storm water drainage.
• Experience with utility and pipeline corridor management is a plus.
Required communication skills include:
• Authoring written technical documents with supporting figures and tables.
• Ability to build consensus among engineering peer groups.
• Ability to direct design staff in the preparation of CAD drawings.
• Presenting of technical evaluations and recommendations to mixed audiences of professional engineers as well as less technical decision makers.
• Fluent use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Principal Supervising Engineer/Civil (Expat)