Job description / Role
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support the Civil/Structural Manager with the Departments activities.
• Be the Lead Civil/Structural Engineer on a Project.to manage the delivery of the civil and structural scope either by managing a team in house (UK or India), undertaking the work by self or executing using a local outsourcing design Contractor.
• When using a local Design Contractor:
- Be able to develop the scope of work for local outsource design Contractor.
- Assess the suitability of the documentation to be issued to the local outsource design Contractor for the detail design.
- Be able to monitor the detail design work outsourced to local design Contractor to given time frame and to review the design Contractor’s work to meet the Project’s requirements.
• Involved in the execution strategies and upfront work for projects to establish the design basis for the Civil and Structural scope. (Topological surveys, geotechnical investigations, drainage strategy, Developing the conceptual Civil and Structural design basis, understanding the construction estimates).
• Provide guidance and oversight for ‘design and build’ contracts for site buildings (e.g. compressor houses, prefabricated rooms).
• Develop the scope of work for the civil and structural construction Contracts. Provide technical support during bidding process and construction.
• Assist the Department in keeping up with requirements of national codes to maintain up to date the Air Products standards and specifications.
• Bring experience to suggest new economical ways in designing the work – identify problem areas in the work practices and suggest improvements based on feedback and own previous experience.
• Involvement with proposals for future work such as estimating man hours and quantities for construction costs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• The Principal Civil/Structural Engineer shall hold an engineering degree in Civil Engineering and be a chartered engineer of a relevant international recognized Institution (such as the ICE or IStructE in the United Kingdom).
• Civil and Structural experience in a Process Design Industry is preferred.
• An overall 20+ years’ experience in the civil engineering field is required.
• A proven track record is required as Lead Civil and Structural Engineer on multi million GBP projects to complete the scope to budget and schedule.
• Experience in the following would be expected:
• Foundation design both shallow and piled for a variety of structures - dynamic equipment e.g. compressors, building foundations static equipment and Piperack structures
• The detail design of drainage services.
• The structural design of steelwork structures such as pipe racks, buildings.
• Some understanding of geotechnical terminology and principles to aid discussions with geotechnical specialists to appreciate ground conditions.
• Appreciate the duration for various civil and structural tasks to assist in preparation of project schedules.
• Design of modular structures (piping modules, equipment skids).
• Have knowledge in the use of industry wide design software package – STAAD-Pro.
• Use of various international design standards – AISC, IBC, ASCE, Eurocodes.
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.
Civil Site / Construction Manager
|East Timor||28 Nov|
Senior Civil Engineer
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Resident Construction Engineer – Civil
Project Manager - Civils Construction
Civil Construction Manager - (Urban Integration)