Job description / Role
• Responsible for all assigned pre-award contract administration functions.
• Provides technical guidance in the Contract and Procurement Department, including contract preparation, evaluation, negotiation and award of Public Works, Operation & Maintenance, Consulting Studies, Design and Procurement type contracts.
• Responsible for protecting the Royal Commission and Company interests in all contractual matters and insuring Royal Commission & Government Procurement Laws and policies & procedures are complied with as well as insuring legal and contractual compliance in all contractual matters.
• Reports functionally to the Director, Contract and Procurement Department and directly to the Manager, contracting Section. Provides support to the Contract and Procurement Department in all contractual matters.
• Interfaces with Royal Commission personnel from Royal Commission End User Departments, Project Managers, and occasionally Royal Commission Senior Management in supporting legal and contractual positions and negotiates directly with senior bidding personnel.
• Provides training, mentoring, legal and contractual guidance within the Contract and Procurement Department regarding legal and contractual activities for the Royal Commission.
• Review Contract Administration Work for correctness and policy and procedural compliance.
• Carry out the pre-award activities including pre-award schedules, provide advertisements for tenders and participates in the pre-ward meetings, evaluation and negotiation process, including functional role as Bid Evaluation Team Lead and Negotiation Team Leader.
• Responsible for the timely preparation of legal and contractual documents such as; Request for Proposals (RFP) and other legal or contractual packages as required.
• Participates in training and evaluation of personnel
• Advises appropriate Manager on contractual matters and is the principal advisor at the project level with regard to the strategy for and the conduct and recording of contract pre award negotiations.
• Prepare Notice of Awards, Notice to Proceeds and Post Award Meetings.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Contract Administrator Supervisor.
• Degree in the field of Law/ Construction Management/ Quantity Surveying (or other related field) with Minimum (10) ten years’ experience in pre-contract formation, negotiation and administration activities which include Public Works, Operation & Maintenance, Consulting Studies, Design and large value infrastructure type construction contracts.
• Experience must include full range of public bidding activities, formulation of Bid Documents, responding to bidder questions, issuing addenda, Bid Evaluation, Cost/Price Analysis, leading meetings and negotiation for award.
• Must be fluent in English (Writing, reading and Speaking) and effectively communicate regarding contract issues.
• Must have excellent writing skills, attention to detail and accuracy in work.
• Must also be computers literate and skilled in the use of: MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point) for word processing and presentation of spreadsheets, and use of other analytical software tools
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.