Job description / Role
Principal Design Engineer - Roads & Utilities - Remote Project Location - Saudi Arabia
• Provide Civil Engineering discipline support to the Engineering Departments for the design and construction of various roads, utilities and infrastructure projects with an emphasis on the design of roads, streets, utilities, grading, drainage, potable water, sanitary sewers, reclaimed water, irrigation utilities.
• Resolve conflicts with utilities and grading and drainage design issues.
• Perform Civil Engineering reviews of improvement plans, contract specifications, construction estimates and engineering studies.
• Involvement in conceptual civil engineering design, master planning of utilities, street and highway design, pump station and culvert design, writing memorandums to management, and coordination of existing and new infrastructure
• A Degree in Civil Engineering from a Western recognized university with a minimum of 15 years postgraduate professional experience in roads and utilities design projects, storm water management water and wastewater distribution network and paving plans for urban and rural roads.
• Experience in preparing and modelling site grading, setting up horizontal and vertical geometry of roads, corridor modelling, generating profiles and cross sections, and calculation of earth volumes.
• Experience in implementing road safety measures, pavement design, and signing and pavement marking.
• Previous experience of working in the Middle East and knowledge of Saudi roads and utility design codes and regulations will be considered an advantage.
• Registration in Country of Origin in an Engineering Professional Association equivalent to US PE or UK Chartered Engineer status is essential.
• The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential.
• Has knowledge and experience of good civil design practices, common international design standards and codes in the design of sewer, water, drainage utilities, roads, earthwork, grading, drainage, site design, has knowledge of ASHTO street and highway design, and fundamental surveying practices.
Specific technical requirements are:
• Experience in site development, design of roads and utilities for large residential, industrial and commercial areas.
• Experience with potable/fire water, sanitary sewer and wastewater collection and handling systems.
• Must have 10 years' experience in the design of streets and highways, residential subdivisions, industrial business parks, commercial and retail centre's. Design should include the design of sewer, water and drainage utilities.
• Knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Water and sewer and drainage calculations and modelling systems, mass grading, earth work modelling and ASHTO Highway design manual.
• Experience working for/with local municipalities in the design and coordination of infrastructure improvements.
About the Company
At NSR we pride ourselves on market knowledge, integrity, loyalty and professionalism. Through personal relationships and knowledge of what our clients look for in specific requirements we like to pride ourselves on matching people to the right role.
The partners at NSR have always dealt with people in an open and honest manner and as a company we are driven to find the right opportunity for people enhancing their career where ever this may be worldwide.
We work on the principal that every person we deal with is a potential client, this process has proved beneficial for us as there are many people we have dealt with on the International circuit that have approached NSR Associates to recruit for them as a client after we have worked on their behalf as a candidate.