Job description / Role
Atkins are looking for Principal Electrical Design Engineer in Riyadh, KSA.
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region. We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes. Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
- Carry out design calculations on a variety of buildings i.e. residential, commercial, educational, leisure facilities, industrial etc.;
- Design according to local utilities rules, regulations and design guides;
- Design to British, American and International design standards;
- Prepare technical input to Specifications/Reports;
- Prepare drawings for drafting by in-house CAD/Revit team;
- Instruct CAD/Revit operators in all project related matters and responsible for the checking of all CAD/Revit works done;
- Coordinate with Electrical Engineers, Architects, Civil Engineers and Structural Engineers and any other external design consultant;
- To understand and implement Atkins ME Quality Assurance procedures;
- Site surveys and inspections;
- Manage own workload and that of junior engineers within the team.;
- Working with other offices within Atkins GCC businesses portfolios.
- Degree qualified (as a minimum) in Electrical discipline;
- 10-15 years post qualification experience in a Design Group core discipline;
- Member of a Chartered institution (or equivalent) with associated relevant experience;
- Complete familiarity with all steps of the design process from pre concept to tender/contract documentation;
- Complete familiarity with site construction documentation, forms of contract;
- Must demonstrate ability to act independently, while part of a team;
- Independently carry out breaker sizing, cable sizing, voltage drop calculations, electrical circuiting, preparation of electrical schedules etc;
- Excellent team management and communication skills;
- Understands the importance of accuracy and has high attention to detail;
- Customer focused, passionate about exceeding the requirements of internal and external stakeholders;
- Develops conceptually elegant solutions in close collaboration with other specialist and design groups and prepare these for Detailed Design Development in the India GDC;
- A confident presenter of concept designs;
- Demonstrate excellent planning and time management skills;
- Adaptive influencing skills, demonstrating tact, diplomacy, persuasion and the courage to challenge.
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).