Job description / Role
Principal Electrical Engineer (Telecoms Engineering) Opportunity – Yanbu, Saudi Arabia
• Providing ELV Electrical & Telecommunications Engineering support within a multi-discipline engineering environment, to answer A/E reviews, preparation of engineering/design contract RFP’s, review of PC/EPC contract based design/shop drawings and materials, construction trouble shooting.
• Interfaces with other sections/disciplines of the department.
• Completed Work may also be performed in collaboration with A/E or other design professionals.
• Organizational Relationship
• Member of Technical Support Section of Engineering Department supporting all MYAS projects.
• Report to Supervising Principal Electrical Engineer.
• Interfaces with project management staff, other Royal Commission Departments and contractors.
• Interfaces with other engineering disciplines, project staff, other RC departments, A/E representatives, and construction contractor representatives.
• Performs ELV Electrical & Telecommunications Engineering work to meet city development program requirements and standards.
• Review A/E contractor design drawings, specifications, and calculation submittals; and, coordinate the same with the work of other disciplines.
• Coordinate Engineering activities with other disciplines and PM team within Engineering Department & also Royal Commission Departments as required
• Provide technical advice to other sections within the Royal Commission.
• Prepares proposals for design work including sketches and cost estimates for labor, equipment, and materials.
• Process submittals/substitution requests during construction and address RFI’s.
• Prepare technical specifications, conceptual schemes and scope of work descriptions.
• Prepare Request for Proposal (RFP) documents with design concepts.
• Provide technical assistance during pre-bid conferences, proposal evaluations, and post-award or other contract conferences and value engineering.
• Review vendor and shop drawings, and construction materials.
• Perform field inspections and provide professional field support & construction trouble shooting during construction phases
• Perform forensic support work and offer cost effective optimal remedial solutions.
• Updates RC Guide Specifications, Standard Drawings, Design Checklists and Design Guidelines as required
USD 13,000 to 16,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: full benefits, free family or single Western accommodations, relocation, monthly expat allowance and other benefits typical with working for a major American firm overseas.
• Nationality American
• Aged not over 55 (due to Visa restrictions)
• 12 years’ postgraduate professional experience.
• US or registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) is required
• Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized western/US university.
• PE registered/Chartered, Fiber network and design of telecommunication networks /ELV installation for hospitals/commercial/education and residential buildings
• Candidates MUST have experience with US Codes be able to train Saudi employees on US standards
• Communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential skill
• Experience with local municipalities in design & coordination of infrastructure projects with other agencies.
• Saudi experience a plus.
• Project management experience in managing design projects is preferred.
About the Company
For over 15 years Omni International Consultants has supplied high caliber personnel to the global Construction, Aviation, Banking, Logistics, IT, Hospitality, Healthcare, Oil/Gas & Manufacturing sectors.
We specialize in recruiting the highest quality, right-fit professional and have helped many candidates find their ideal opportunity.
Our Head Office is located in Bangkok, Thailand and we have 6 liaison offices located in the UK, Australia, UAE, India (Mumbai & Delhi) and Rayong, Thailand.
|Saudi Arabia||23 Apr|
Senior HV Electrical Engineer
CSG Global Talent
Solar Project - Electrical Installation Engineer (Wind and Solar)
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited
Electrical Site Engineer
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar