Principal Engineer - Dry Utilities
Atkins Middle East
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
The Atkins Infrastructure Business is seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented, self-starter to join our Riyadh, KSA office as a Principal Engineer - Dry Utilities . The SE will support infrastructure multi-disciplinary projects for clients in GCC, including planning, designing and engineering related to dry utilities networks which may be comprised of power (MV/LV), substations, renewable energy resources, pumping stations, street lighting, telecommunication,etc
- Technical support on large multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects delivery
- Support single and multi-disciplinary discipline bids, with a clear focus on what is needed to win
- Continue to build relationships with existing clients, securing repeat business and identifying additional business opportunities
- Build and motivate a team and demonstrate good leadership qualities
- Report on project performance
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety regulations and ensure that a good Health & Safety culture is engendered within the team
- Assist in developing a highly motivated and performing team creating opportunities for the development of individuals
- Provide technical expertise on a variety of large engineering projects
- Support in designs and budgets and drive projects from tender to delivery in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Increase your networking profile with both internal and external clients
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering.
- The potential candidate has a minimum of 15 years of experience in a similar role/project
Additionally, the applicant should have experience with a combination of the following skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong technical writing and communications skills. Experience and familiarity with the following programs is a plus: ArcGIS, AutoCAD, MicroStation, Dialux Softea, Revit/BIM experience.
- General Competencies expected of all Professionals and Managers are as follows: Client Service, Commitment, Communication, Innovation & Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Quality, and Teamwork.
- Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to visit project sites if necessary.
- Job also requires ability to assemble and analyze data.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).