Job description / Role
Title: Principal Engineer - Instrumentation/Controls - Offshore
Overall Summary Senior Control Systems Engineer with experience in the offshore design of process units, pipelines, utilities and offsite facilities from conceptual stage through detailed design of medium to large size projects. Knowledge of control systems engineering practices, economics principles, calculation methods, international standards, codes, specifications, and procedures. Minimum 12 years' experience in Oil & Gas, Hydrocarbons, and/or Infrastructure industries. Excellent communication skills required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, specify, size, and select instruments and equipment required for control and monitoring of process units and utilities (BPCS, Safety Systems, SIS, SIL, Analyzers, PCS Communication, field instrumentation, valves, advanced controls systems, etc)
- Develop basis of design documents
- Perform site evaluation (site survey) for revamp and brown-field projects as required
- Scoping of projects, including control systems deliverables
- Develop work plans for control systems team
- Develop control systems deliverables
- Estimate work-hours
- Develop Instrument calculations (valve sizing calculations, orifice plate sizing, voltage drop calculations, etc.)
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the project team, including the Clients
- Responsible for design integrity of process engineering scope, performance of assigned staff, and on-schedule delivery of the work within budget
- Lead technical presentations to Clients and their representatives as required
- Provide technical leadership to ensure that applicable procedures and standards (client, KBR and international) are correctly applied.
Qualifications & Years of Experience: Minimum Bachelor of Science in Control Systems or related field, and a minimum of 12 years' of relevant engineering experience.
Key Skills & Technical Competencies:
- Sound knowledge of basic engineering principles, control systems and instrumentation technology, equipment sizing, safety devices
- Knowledge of iPlant, Bentley View including InTools (SPI), InstruCal
- Familiarity with key SA engineering standards and procedures is desirable
- Ability to handle responsibility and complete projects within schedule
- Must be proficient in English, oral and written
- Excellent technical presentation skills required
About the Company
We deliver science, technology and engineering solutions to governments and companies around the world. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people performing diverse, complex and mission critical roles in 34 countries.
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long-term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.