Job description / Role
About the Role:
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking.
Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
Our Structural Design team currently seeks someone to be based in our Riyadh or Jeddah offices to lead the the completion of high-quality structural designs and leading teams on projects across KSA.
WSP welcomes applications for part time and flexible working and would be happy to discuss potential options with you as part of your application.
A typical week would include:
* Carry out high quality structural designs of a mixed variety of building types
* Use various design codes and local authority requirements
* Use various design packages and will learn BIM
* Produce designs using concrete and steel and sometimes other materials
* Take full responsibility and accountability for your work, ensuring all work is reviewed by you and other people
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* A degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or a lesser qualification with more experience
* 5 years or more of post graduate experience
* Membership of a professional institution or working towards professional membership
* Ba registered engineer with the local municipality, or working towards this
* Proficient at some or all of ETABS, SAFE, STAAD, Revit, and other analysis and design packages
* Proficient with some or all of US & European codes, local municipalities and building regs for KSA
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.