Job description / Role
PRINCIPAL MECHANICAL ENGINEER
Jazan, Saudi Arabia
• Provide technical support to engineering department in the development and execution of various projects related to communities and infrastructure projects.
• The successful candidate will be a solid design professional that gained his experience mainly working in consulting engineering work places.
• And who has the capability to execute mechanical engineering solutions that are fully integrated within architectural, structural, electrical and site civil systems.
• The successful candidate is a solution provider with superior communication skills who has extensive and recent experience in the design of mechanical (HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection) systems for diverse building types such as office, industrial, instructional, healthcare, hospitality and commercial.
• Familiarizes with all Client’s codes and standards, general design criteria and technical guidelines, standard drawings and standard guide specifications.
• Review of A/E contractors design submittals, specifications, technical reports, calculations and coordinate work of other disciplines and departments.
• Design of buildings mechanical (HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection) systems. The design shall include construction drawings and specifications in addition to maintaining and updating the Royal Commission master specifications which are based on ARCOM MasterSpec® as licensed by the American Institute of Architects (AIA).
• Preparation of technical specifications and drawings for bid packages related to the development of various community and industrial projects.
• Will implement methods and solutions for complex engineering problems and will utilize facility economics in order to optimize the facilities life cycle cost.
• Leads other engineers and design personnel in technical excellence and growth in the quality improvement process.
• Provides technical consultations for interdisciplinary analytical studies and analyses.
• Assists in the review of vendor drawings and shop drawings.
• Prepare conceptual design and layouts.
• Performs field inspection and provide field support, as necessary during construction phases.
• Provide response and technical solutions to RFI’s raised by contractors, operation and maintenance.
• Must work well within a dynamic team and serve as a technical consultant to the client.
• Execute mechanical engineering solutions that are fully integrated within architectural, structural, electrical and site civil systems.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with major course work in mechanical engineering or a related field of study.
• Minimal 12-15 years of experience in designing mechanical systems for buildings including fire protection, Plumbing and HVAC systems.
• Solid experience and knowledge in applying the requirements of ICC Codes:
- International Building Code (IBC)
- International Fire Code (IFC)
- International Plumbing Code (IPC)
- International Mechanical Code (IMC)
- International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC)
- International Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
• Solid experience in applying The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning (ASHRAE) handbooks and standards.
• Solid experience in applying The American Society of Plumbing Engineers (ASPE) handbooks and standards.
• Solid experience and knowledge of all relevant The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) handbooks and standards.
• Conduct design of all HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems in various building projects through the bid phase of the project.
• Develop the hydraulic modeling simulation and design calculations of all pressurized water systems were required by local specifications and codes.
• Coordinate with all relevant stakeholders and government authorities plus developers, consultants and contractors working within the area under study or adjacent areas.
• Professional Engineer (PE) registration is required.
• Must demonstrate continual progression of experience and expertise in the relevant discipline.
• Ability to communicate effectively in both spoken and written English. Knowledge of Arabic language is a plus.
• Solid Knowledge of computers and basic software applications such as: AutoCAD, Trance Trace and Revit MEP.
• LEED Accreditation is a plus.
• District cooling experience is a plus.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
MEP Project Engineer
Ignite Search & Selection
Resident Construction Engineer / Mechanical (Expat)
Lead Mechanical Engineer
|Saudi Arabia||14 Jan|
Senior MEP Project Manager
Mechanical Engineer (Heat Exchangers)
Oryx Engineering Solutions