Job description / Role
Provision of professional engineering discipline support to the program projects with particular emphasis on promoting and maintaining the technical adequacy, uniformity, and quality of the project designs in the primary areas of power plant and desalination plant mechanical systems with secondary emphasis on HVAC, plumbing and fire protection.
Member of the Engineering Department professional staff. Reports professionally to the Mechanical Discipline Manager.
Major Activities Performed
• Prepare technical specifications and scope of work descriptions.
• Provide technical advice and guidance in all discipline aspects.
• Prepare Request for Proposal (RFP) documents with design concepts.
• Prepare conceptual designs, interface layouts and coordinate with other sections in solving conflicts.
• Provide technical assistance during pre-bid conferences, proposal evaluations, and post-award or other contract conferences.
• Review A/E contractor design drawings, specifications, and calculation submittals and coordinate with the works of other disciplines.
• Review vendor/shop drawings and construction materials and/or equipment submittals.
• Provide professional field support to the Construction Management Department, as necessary, during construction phases.
• Prepare man-hour estimates and material takeoffs.
• Prepare technical correspondence, reports and studies.
• A recognized university degree in Mechanical Engineering with fifteen (15) years’ experience post-graduate professional experience, ten (10) years of which have been spent in design of mechanical systems for power plants and desalination plants.
• US/UK registration as a Professional Engineer is desirable.
• The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential.
• Previous work history must demonstrate sufficient ability to assume the responsibilities and carry out the tasks of this position.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Principal Mechanical Engineer (Western Expat)