Job description / Role
• Provide Civil Engineering discipline support to the Construction and Project Management Departments for the design and construction of various public and private infrastructure projects with an emphasis on the design of streets and roads, construction sites, grading, drainage, potable water, sanitary sewers, reclaimed water, irrigation utilities.
• Resolve conflicts with utilities and grading and drainage design issues.
• Perform Civil Engineering reviews of improvement plans, contract specifications, construction estimates and engineering studies Involvement in conceptual civil engineering design, master planning of utilities, street and highway design, pump station and culvert design, writing memorandums to management, and coordination of existing and new infrastructure.
• Organizational Relationship Receive direction from the Supervisor, EPS in relation to specific objectives on assigned projects, with output reviewed against scope of works.
• Frequent interfaces with stakeholders.
• Supervises and coordinates the activities of Senior Project Engineers and other assigned personnel.
Major Activities Performed
• Technical Review of improvement plans, technical specifications, construction estimates, design calculations for compliance with approved design criteria and good civil engineering practice. Provide support for the Construction Department in answering and resolving technical design issues, clarification and interpretation of the design drawings and coordination with other sections.
• Provide technical advice and guidance to Management on all aspects of Civil Engineering and needed improvements or design changes.
• Provide technical interfacing with the contractors in the areas of survey benchmarks, site grading and drainage, utility interfaces, and offsite, above-grading pipeline routing.
• Planning and efficient utilization of utility corridors for water pipeline networks, sewers, electrical and telecom networks both direct buried and in duct banks.
• Prepare written memorandums, technical reports and correspondence on Civil Engineering issues. Prepare and give engineering presentations on Civil Engineering issues.
• Prepare conceptual utility and site designs, layouts and coordinate with other engineering sections, prepare alternative solutions to issues and problems.
• Preparation and review of cost estimates and material quantities.
• Review existing site conditions and develop scope of work for utility system based on site evaluation and client requirement.
• Develop scope of work for AE Consultants.
• Review Contractor's design submittals, specifications, and calculations submittals.
• Perform field inspections and provide field support during construction.
• Review vendor/shop drawings and construction material submittals.
• Assist in the preparation of Utility (Sewer, Water, Storm drain) master planning in the creation of capital improvement projects and verifying capacity of the existing utility systems and establishing new.
• Provide technical assistance during pre-bid conferences, consultant and contractor selection, design proposals and construction bid evaluations, and coordination during construction bidding.
USD 11,000 to 13,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: • 220% uplift on Basic as a project allowance; Single status accommodation; 1,000 SAR for airfare; Food/utilities included
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from a Western recognized university with a minimum of 15 years postgraduate professional experience.
• At least 5 years shall have been spent in utility network planning and system expansion.
• Previous experience of working in the Middle East and knowledge of Saudi roads and utility design codes and regulations will be considered an advantage.
• Registration in Country of Origin in an Engineering Professional Association equivalent to US PE or UK Chartered Engineer status is required. PMP is preferred.
• The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential.
• Has knowledge and experience of good civil design practices, common international design standards and codes in the design of sewer, water, drainage utilities, roads, earthwork, grading, drainage, site design, has knowledge and experience in the design of residential subdivisions, commercial and industrial site design, ASHTO street and highway design, and fundamental surveying practices.
• Specific technical requirements are:
• Demonstrate project-oriented experience, particularly with preparation of project proposal documents that include technical work descriptions and project milestone schedules.
• Experience with interpretation of topographic survey data, site grading and drainage.
• Experience in site development, design of roads and utilities for large residential, industrial and commercial areas.
• Experience with potable/fire water, sanitary sewer and wastewater collection and handling systems.
• Must have experience in the design of streets and highways, residential subdivisions, industrial business parks, commercial and retail centers. Design should include the design of sewer, water and drainage utilities.
• Experience with water and wastewater conveyance, pressurized and gravity networks, pumping and storage facilities and pipelines, experience with large diameter water pipelines is a plus.
• Knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Water and sewer and drainage calculations and modeling systems, mass grading, earth work modeling and ASHTO Highway design manual.
• Experience working for/with local municipalities in design and coordination of infrastructure improvements.
About the Company
For over 15 years Omni International Consultants has supplied high caliber personnel to the global Construction, Aviation, Banking, Logistics, IT, Hospitality, Healthcare, Oil/Gas & Manufacturing sectors.
We specialize in recruiting the highest quality, right-fit professional and have helped many candidates find their ideal opportunity.
Our Head Office is located in Bangkok, Thailand and we have 6 liaison offices located in the UK, Australia, UAE, India (Mumbai & Delhi) and Rayong, Thailand.