Job description / Role
Top level of projects and design management. Normally reserved for group of section supervisor or staff and technical consultant on major complex projects. Manages designs and preparation technical RFPs, provides pre and post award support to PMD/SMD/Construction. Provide technical support across all disciplines to coordinate the development and implementation of the engineering portions of assigned projects.
Receives administrative direction on assigned projects in terms of specific objectives from Manager Engineering Projects with work being reviewed for adherence to scope of work. Frequent interfaces with AE Consultants, Management and other departments. Supervises and coordinate activities of Project Engineering and other personnel assigned to him. Mentors Junior Project Engineers assigned to him. Interfaces with PMD and SMD for the pre award activities and reporting project status. Coordinates with relevant RC departments, stakeholders, and external agencies (Aramco, Marafiq, SWCC and etc.)
Major Activities Performed
• Develop scope of work for design tasks in coordination with TSS and stakeholders. Coordinate in preparation, review and issuance of Task Orders including review of AEs technical and commercial proposals
• Manage overall design from concept, Design Development (DD) and Construction Documents (CD). Work closely with the AE’s and reviewers, provide necessary coordination for data acquisition, and 3rd party reviews. Conduct design review meetings.
• Assist in coordinating the compilation of technical portions of Requests for Proposal (RFP) for both traditional design (Design-Bid-Build) and Engineer-Procure-Construct (EPC). Analyzes data pertaining to client requirements to assist in the definition of technical aspects of detailed scope of work.
• Coordinate with Technical Support Section (TSS) for the development of design specifications, and ensure adequate information is provided for clarity of interpretation of required scope of work.
• Participate in the technical evaluation of potential bidders for contracts on assigned projects, and in recommending shortlists of qualified contractors. Coordinates the technical analysis and evaluation of bids proposed.
• Assist in compiling technical portions of definitive contracts.
• Monitors technical progress of A/E contractor. Coordinate the review of design drawings, specifications, manuals, shop drawings, vendor data, calculations and other technical information submitted by A/E and/or construction contractor for all phases of contract.
• Provide requested technical information to A/E or construction contractor regarding interpretation of specifications, and other technical guidance as required. Requests technical information or clarification of submitted data from A/E and/or construction contractor as required.
• Supervise and coordinate activities of Project Engineers and other personnel assigned to him. Prepare reports and presentations on assigned projects. Coordinate with PMD progress reporting and evaluation for the assigned projects.
• Manages AE consultant contracts when assigned as the Authorized Representative (AR)
• Provide input in review of monthly invoices and quarterly performance evaluation for the AE
• Provide technical support during pre-award stage including but not limited to Bidders Q&A’s, addendums, bid evaluation, release of final IFC drawings etc.
• Provide post award support during construction.
• BS degree in Engineering and 12 to 15 years of directly related experience. A minimum five (5) years experience in project/design management experience and a minimum of five years hands on design experience in an AE environment on Roads and Grading designs.
• Professional Registration as an Engineering desirable but not mandatory.
• The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential. Ability to prepare project presentations to higher management.
• Computer literate and proficient with the industry standard software for project management and control, MS Office. A working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D as well as hydrology/hydraulic modeling software and traffic modeling software is a plus.
• PMP accreditation beneficial, but not mandatory.
• Strong familiarity with the Engineering design processes as well as Construction and Project Management. Adequate knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines.
• Experience with overseeing planning and design of civil infrastructure and facilities, such as site grading and drainage, highways and roads, wet and dry utilities, and flood control measures.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of civil engineering as related to the preparation of plans and specifications. Knowledge of methods and techniques utilized in the design and construction of civil public works and utility projects.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.