Job description / Role
Principal Project Engineer – Electrical H&M Voltage – Jazan, KSA
Provision of professional engineering discipline support to the program projects with particular emphasis on promoting and maintaining the technical adequacy, uniformity, and quality of the project designs in conformance with approved standards and codes.
Member of the Engineering Department professional staff supporting all Jazan projects. Reports to the Manager, Engineering Projects Section.
Major Activities Performed:
• Prepares technical guide specifications, scope of work descriptions, and updates the standard details, design criteria and technical guidelines.
• Prepares Request for Proposal (RFP) documents with design concepts.
• Provides technical assistance during pre-bid conferences, proposal evaluations, and post-award and other conferences.
• Reviews specialist contractor design drawings, specifications and calculations submittals and coordinates with the work of the other applicable disciplines.
• Reviews specialty vendor and shop drawings and specialty construction materials and/or equipment submittals.
• Support and reviews advanced power system analyses such as load flows, short circuit studies and dynamic stability studies.
• Performs field inspections and provides professional field support as necessary during construction phases.
• Prepares technical correspondence, power system related reports and system studies.
• Functions as a technical expert in performing HV and MV analyses of power systems.
• Reviews and provides guidance in problem areas, recommends solutions, alternatives and improvements for HV and MV systems.
• Provides guidance in power system planning for future network expansion as indicated in the city masterplan.
Experience & Qualifications:
• A recognized university degree in Electrical Engineering with 15 years' post-graduate professional experience. Design experience of power systems is essential.
• Chartered/Professional Engineer Registration required.
• The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential.
• Must have sound overall experience in designing HV and MV power systems for community and Industrial facilities. Must be capable to check designs done by specialist contractors for high voltage (115 to 380 kV), medium voltage (13.8 to 34.5 kV).
• Must be familiar with ETAP or other software to perform fault current, load flow and stability studies for power systems with voltage levels of up to 380kV.
• Experience in preparation of HV and MV Substation bid documents.
• Experience in designing (from conceptual to detailed) of HV and MV electrical systems.
• Experience in calculating demand load estimates, sizing of major equipment and coordination of protective relaying.
• Must have thorough knowledge of National Electrical Code, IEEE, ANSI, IEC, NFPA.
• Design experience (from conceptual to detailed) with utility and industrial facilities is desirable:
- High and medium voltage power distribution substation one-line diagram and equipment layout of major equipment.
- High and medium voltage GlS switchgear.
- Protective relaying schemes for high and medium voltage bus, transformer, cable and overhead line protection.
- Station Automation System, switchgear control, monitoring and metering.
- High and medium voltage power distribution layout with cables in duct banks and direct buried and corresponding ampacity calculations.
• PMP or equivalent is preferred.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.