Job description / Role
Experience and Qualifications
Top level of project engineering. Normally reserved for group of section supervisor or staff and technical consultant on major complex projects. Provides technical support to project management across all disciplines to coordinate the development and implementation of the engineering portions of assigned projects.
Receives administrative direction on assigned projects in terms of specific objectives from Manager Engineering Projects with work being reviewed for adherence to scope of work. Frequent interfaces with important stakeholders. Supervises and coordinates activities of Senior Project Engineers and other personnel assigned to him.
Major Activities Performed
• Plans and schedules work, and, as applicable, determine work load and assignments of group. Provides leadership and direction to team by out-lining methods of approach and indicating critical areas and priorities to meet established deadlines.
• Provides electrical input to all projects and programs. Coordinates inter-disciplinary reviews of A/E designs.
• Coordinates the compilation of technical portions of Requests for Proposal (RFP) for both the design and construction portions of assigned projects. Analyzes data pertaining to client requirements to assist in the definition of technical aspects of detailed scope of work.
• Coordinates with engineering the development of design specifications, and ensure adequate information is provided for clarity of interpretation of required scope of work.
• Participates in the technical evaluation of potential bidders for contracts on assigned projects, and in recommending shortlists of qualified contractors. Coordinates the technical analysis and evaluation of bids proposed.
• Participates in final negotiations to determine final terms of contracts.
• Monitors technical progress of A/E contractor. Coordinates the review of design drawings, specifications, manuals, shop drawings, vendor data, calculations and other technical information submitted by A/E construction contractor for all phases of contract.
• Provides requested technical information to A/E or construction contractor regarding interpretation of specifications, and other technical guidance as required. Requests technical information or clarification of submitted data from A/E construction contractor as required.
• Supervises and coordinates activities of Senior Project Engineers and other personnel assigned to him.
• A recognized university degree in engineering (Electrical) with 12 years post-graduate professional experience. Design experience related to large scale community and infrastructure development with emphasis on site development is desirable.
• Professional Engineer registration of the appropriate Institution required.
• LEED certification is highly desirable.
• The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential.
• A proven record of technical and administrative ability in projects & design management.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.