Job description / Role
Responsible for efficient management and control of civil section to meet the development program requirements and review of technical output of the section. Ensures the technical adequacy, uniformity, and quality of the project designs in conformance with approved standards and codes. Monitors section’s progress towards program objectives and takes necessary corrective actions when necessary. Also, responsible to ensure that the civil design of the projects is cost effective and during bidding and construction the change orders related to civil engineering would be minimum.
Member of the Engineering Department professional staff supporting all MYAS projects. Reports to the Manager, Technical Support Section. Interfaces with project management staff, other departments and contractors, and directs and supervises other professionals including Saudi National trainees.
Major Activities Performed
- Prepares technical specifications and clear scope of work descriptions.
- Provides technical advice and guidance on all discipline aspects.
- Prepares Request for Proposal (RFP) documents with design concepts.
- Provides technical assistance during pre-bid conferences, proposal evaluations, and post-award or other contract conferences.
- Reviews A/E contractor design drawings, specifications, unit price items and calculation submittals and coordinates with the works of other disciplines. The review responsibility is to ensure that the changes during bidding and construction are minimum and there is no design conflict with other systems.
- Reviews vendor/shop drawings and construction materials and/or equipment submittals.
- Performs field inspections and provides professional field support as necessary during construction phases.
- Prepares conceptual designs, interface layouts and conflict solutions.
- Prepares man-hour estimate and material take-offs.
- Prepares and reviews technical correspondence, reports and studies.
- Development of procedures relevant to the Section’s role within Engineering Department.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with the position as may be appropriate.
Experience and Qualifications
- A degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized university or college.
- 15 years post-graduate professional experience with experience as a discipline supervisor/team leader and 5 years in a management assignment.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer is required.
- The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential.
- Specific technical qualifications for the requisitioned position are identified below:
- The candidate must have sound design and construction support experience in site development, site grading, roads and utilities (water, sanitary, sewage etc.) for large residential, industrial and commercial areas.
- A proven record of technical and administrative ability in design management.
- Very familiar with the value engineering applications and current applicable codes.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Civil Engineer - Infrastructure
|Ras Al Khaimah||1 Apr|
Principal Civil Engineer (Expat)
Civil Engineering Project Manager
Senior Civil Engineer - Roads
Senior Construction Engineer
|Ras Al Khaimah||28 Feb|