Job description / Role
As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services to the built environment, Atkins Middle East is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine, innovation, imagination and best practice. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is witnessing vast investment in its social infrastructure as it strives to meet His Majesty King Salman's vision to constantly raise living standards. Atkins is positioned to play an important role, providing technical solutions to many of the challenges presented by this vital development programme.
As a result, we are currently looking for a Principal Transport Planner to join our team, in Riyadh. This position is within our Middle East Transport Planning business which covers all aspects of transport planning from strategic transport planning, appraisal and policy through to development impact assessment and traffic engineering.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Principal Transport Planner to strengthen our team, who will welcome the challenge of working on a diverse range of projects to achieve excellence in our transport planning and policy service to clients. The role will require coordinated working with other parts of the Atkins Middle East business.
The successful candidate would be expected to lead and support a range of transport planning studies both on their own and for other staff working within a team, reporting to a team leader and project managers. You will also be expected to manage and perform the following duties:
- Prepare designs, calculations, drawings, programmes for specific jobs
- Check drawings, calculations or output from analytical programs
- Development Program Lead responsible for the development of graduates and junior staff members
- Provide information for reports and participate in particular investigations as required
- Evaluate transport planning issues and problems, consulting with senior staff as necessary
- Execute transport analysis using appropriate design aids (for example transport assignment software, appraisal tools, Microsoft Office packages) with particular attention to accuracy and reliability to data input and analysis
- Manage a team of Transport Planners
- Ensure tasks are carried out within agreed timescales and budgets
- Liaise with other disciplines and clients as required on technical aspects
- Keep up-to-date with current methods and the latest research in transport planning
- 10+ years post-graduate experience in transport planning.
- Degree in transport related subject, numeric subject or equivalent professional qualification
- Proven track record in the delivery of traffic planning analysis/studies to a high standard
- Possess working knowledge of appropriate analytical and design aids (computer software) with respect to reliability and accuracy of data input and analysis
- Excellent report writing and presentational skills
- Confident and professional manner and communication style, and the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients and stakeholders
- Proficient IT skills (Microsoft Office and specialist software)
- Technical background in transport planning & policy, transport modelling & appraisal, demand modelling & analysis
- Arabic speaker desirable
- Experience of major Master Planning projects as well as a Traffic Impact Studies.
- Previous experience in the region highly desirable
- Preferably based in KSA
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group. As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region. We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes. Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 working days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).