Job description / Role
Atkins is seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented, self-starter to join our Riyadh, KSA office as a Principal Water Engineer. The role will support projects for our water and wastewater clients in Saudi Arabia which involves project & team management, client liaison and stakeholder engagement, master planning, design and preparation of documentation and engineering services related to water and wastewater infrastructure which may be comprised of water distribution networks and transmission mains, sewage collection systems, pump stations, reservoirs, hydraulic structures, and water and wastewater treatment facilities (including desalination and TSE re-use).
- Team leader and coordinator with responsibility for overall team delivery and utilization
- Lead Design Engineer from conceptual to detailed design stage
- Master Planning for water/wastewater infrastructure
- Technical report writing
- Feasibility studies and business case engineering
- Review of designs, technical reports & procurement documentation
- Coordinates work with other engineers and professionals and ensure efficient collaboration
- Project Management of water/wastewater projects with responsibility for technical delivery and commercial results.
- Client & stakeholder management and liaison and assistance in business development activities
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
- Chartered or Professional Engineer with a BSc (or BEng) in Civil or Mechanical Engineering
- The potential candidate has a minimum of 17 years relevant experience post qualification in either water and/or wastewater engineering and project management.
Additionally, the applicant should be familiar with and have experience with a combination of the following skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong technical writing and communications skills in English.
- Experience and familiarity with the following programs is a plus: ArcGIS, AutoCAD, MicroStation, Info Works, SWMM, Storm/Sewer/Water CAD, Revit/BIM experience, Microsoft Office, Infoworks, etc.
- General Competencies expected of all Professionals and Managers are as follows: Client Service, Commitment, Communication, Innovation & Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Quality, and Teamwork.
- Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to visit project sites if necessary.
Salary & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- 22 working days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultant
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).