Job description / Role
• Receive work instructions from the Senior Process Engineer to provide day-to-day follow-up on the process parameters of the unit of assignment.
• Work with the Operations personnel and Business Team in the unit of assignment to follow-up on all process engineering aspects.
• Define guidelines and process adjustments for unit's processes optimization, define and check on window operation limits, yields and throughputs.
• Liaise with the Inspection Division to follow-up on field troubleshooting operations and ensure that all related activities are in accordance with process engineering principles and industry best practices.
• Coordinate with the Operation, Laboratory and OSA, and Planning personnel to carryout and evaluate test-runs of new or existing installations. Ensure that corrective actions and quick win improvements are in place and implemented.
• Participate in conducting internal inspections on the unit's equipment prior to start-up, and assist in the start-up of new units, shutdown and process inspection activities.
• Work with the Technical Studies Engineer to identify scope of work for new projects in the unit of assignment, develop relevant feasibility studies, and prioritize improvement projects.
• Provide technical input to new projects/installations analyses and contribute to the development and implementation of hazops, Process Flow Diagram (PFDs)i Piping and Instrumentation Diagram (PIDs), safety assessment, and management of change,
• Prepare technical specifications relating to chemicals and catalysts selection and perform catalyst management activities.
• Represent the Process Engineering Division within the respective Business Team and actively participate in achieving its objectives.
• Liaise between the Senior Process Engineer and Engineering Contractors to initiate, follow-up and coordinate process design and follow-up on basic engineering studies.
• Work with the Production Units and implement capacity, yield, and efficiency improvement projects. Follow-up on testing and inspection activities, shutdown preparation and execution and tackle all process engineering issues.
• Define and customize unit operating windows instructions for each unit, and design process unit follow-up tools.
• Organize, analyze and prepare reports of test run and check run and determine bottlenecks.
• Participate actively in troubleshooting activities within the unit of assignment, research and develop solutions to accommodate critical troubleshot problems and provide ongoing feedback to the Maintenance Team.
• Ensure maintaining a database of Process Engineering instructions, manuals and activities and ensure that all data are updated and organized for easy reference.
• Prepare regular reports on the Process Engineering services contracts' progresses and highlight any pending issues or problems.
• Provide input to Catalyst Management processes and chemicals and material follow-up, through adjusting guidelines for catalysts and materials cycles management; following-up and reporting on the cycle; monitoring catalysts, materials and chemicals inventories; liaising with the Material and Services Procurement Division with regards to purchasing new catalyst (or regeneration)/ materials and chemicals.
• Participate in monitoring and evaluating the Linear Programming Model accuracy and ensure accurate yields predictions and utilities consumptions of the designated unit.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the Senior Process Engineer.
• Strong technical knowledge of Refining production operations and processes.
• Strong knowledge of process operation and process design.
• Strong knowledge of refining schemes.
• Good knowledge of feasibility analysis, project scoping and project work estimation.
• Good knowledge of process troubleshooting and debottlenecking.
• Conversant with SAP and Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment
• Good interpersonal communication skills.
• Capable of giving strong attention to details.
• Strong analytical ability.
• Good problem solving skills.
• Strong command of oral and written English.
• Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
• Two (2) years of experience in a Refining Process Engineering or operations.
About the Company
SATORP, in its promising future, is one of the most complex refineries in the world, with a processing capacity of 400,000 barrels per day of Arabian Heavy Crude to produce petroleum products and petrochemicals with commitment to the highest international standards of health, safety and environment; and at the same time having continuous development and leadership in the region. This world-class refinery that came to being out of the expertise of the two oil giants, Saudi Aramco and Total, is located at Jubail Industrial City in the east of Saudi Arabia.