Process Engineer - Hydrocracker
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Downstream Process Engineer specialized in Refinery Hydrocracker and/or a Diesel Hydrotreater to join our Global Manufacturing Excellence organization under the Downstream Global Manufacturing Technical Support team.
The technical support team is a multi-disciplinary team responsible for providing the required high-quality technical support to GM operating facilities (Refineries, NGLF, and petrochemical plants) inside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia & across the globe.
Your primary role will be to provide process engineering and operations expertise to monitor, optimize, and drive performance improvement programs for Hydrocracker and/or Diesel Hydrotreater processes including remote and field technical advisory support, benchmarking, technology knowledge management and exchange. You will drive the performance improvement programs which enhance process safety, optimize manufacturing cost, and increase plant reliability.
As the successful candidate you will required to perform the following:
- Review and monitor the performances of existing refinery facilities through key performance indicators (KPIs) representing the process plant's optimum operability, profitability, reliability, and process safety. Issue quarterly processes performance benchmarking reports highlighting the KPIs, analysis, and performance improvement recommendations.
- Provide support services and troubleshoot any problems that arise with manufacturing.
- Assist in improving the quality of products and reducing production costs.
- Inspect and review operating activities and determine production schedules.
- Perform optimization analysis, forecasts, economic reviews and evaluations on equipment / projects, operations and system operating strategies.
- Research ways to reduce production costs, develop production goals, and create schedules and plans for individual tasks.
- Devise ways to improve systems while reducing costs, ensuring that work is completed within schedule, setting and meeting deadlines, and troubleshooting any problems with the equipment / process.
- As the successful candidate you must hold a Bachelor's Degree in chemical engineering. An advanced degree is preferred.
- You should have a minimum of 10 years refinery experience including at least 4 years in Hydrocracker units and 2 in Hydrotreating units.
- A thorough knowledge in Catalyst Selection & Evaluation is required.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.