Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
- Participates in the design of a process unit, including establishing process design basis, development of process options and optimization of selected design.
- Gains a sound understanding of HSE and allied issues, and quickly adopts a proactive focus in safety practices. Contributes to the maintenance of a safe workplace.
Under supervision ensures engineering designs are safe to construct, commission, operate and decommission. Defines and implements whole of life, sustainable engineering solutions.
- Under supervision, engage to implement, modify, and maintains chemical processes
- Completes under supervision a variety of process engineering computations and simulations
- Completes under supervision sizing and specification of equipment, instruments and process lines
- Develops under supervision design documentation including simple reports, datasheets and specifications.
- Calculates and organizes data for process flow sheets including instrumentation and control considerations
- Develop process flow diagram to define heat and material balance
- Under supervision develop P&IDs
- Has comprehensive understanding of principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards and their application
- Understanding in the use of Engineering Codes and Standards applicable to the work prior to the work being carried out.
- Participates in Discipline learning communities. Posts questions and learns by watching the response to queries posted by others.
- Under supervision reviews relevant lessons learnt and incorporates into the design.
- Participates actively in a Company provided Graduate Development Scheme.
- Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the customer
- Degree in Chemical/Process Engineering.
- Aiming to be a Registered Engineer in a relevant Professional Engineering Institute.
- BSc in Chemical Engineering.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, e-mail, and able to navigate and utilize Intranet/Internet services.
- Basic communication skills; both oral and written; (both received and delivered).
Specific knowledge requirements:
- Capable of interpreting and applying local and international Engineering Design Codes and Regulations, company's and Customer specified Standards/specifications and methodologies; with supervision
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.