Process Engineer - MEROX (Kerosene and LPG)
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Downstream Process Engineer with experience in MEROX (Kerosene and LPG) process technology to join our Global Manufacturing Excellence organization under the Downstream Global Manufacturing Support Department (GMSD).
GMSD's technical team is a multi-disciplinary team responsible for providing the required high-quality technical support to GM operating facilities (Refineries, NGLF, and petrochemical plants) inside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia & across the globe.
Your primary role will be to provide process engineering, operations and technical expertise to monitor, optimize, and drive performance improvement and value creation programs for MEROX process, including remote and field technical advisory support, benchmarking, MEROX technology knowledge management and exchange, and drive the performance improvement programs which enhance process safety, optimize manufacturing cost, and increase plant reliability.
As the successful candidate you will be required to perform the following:
- Review and monitor the performances of existing MEROX manufacturing facilities through key performance indicators (KPIs) representing the process plant's optimum operability, profitability, reliability, energy efficiency and process safety etc.
- Issue quarterly MEROX process unit performance benchmarking reports highlighting the KPIs, analysis, and performance improvement recommendations.
- Monitor and support the facilities in implementing the recommendations and closing the gaps identified in the quarterly performance benchmarking reports.
- Perform in-depth plant monitoring and optimize performance of MEROX units by overseeing unit's operation and economics losses.
- Conduct benchmarking and best practices exchange workshops internally among Global Manufacturing facilities (wholly-owned and affiliates) having MEROX process.
- Provide on-demand remote and/or field technical advisory support to Global Manufacturing facilities on matters concerning the operation of MEROX plants which may include but not limited to process troubleshooting, start-up and shutdown activities, capacity test runs, technology pilot testing, and process design improvements. Issue service report for every support activity provided highlighting the facilities need, actions taken, results, and lessons learned.
- Conduct internal assessments on MEROX process engineering standard using Saudi Aramco engineering standard references. Highlight any deviations or better standards applied by affiliates for endorsement to facility management or Saudi Aramco Central Engineering
- Participate in Business Plan development and coordinate with stakeholders for any capital investments on assigned process units and support techno-economic evaluations.
- Maintain relevant knowledge of technology developments in the MEROX process. Perform evaluation and approval of technology developments to Central Engineering and facilitate field deployment.
- Support arrangement and facilitation of technical knowledge exchange workshops with MEROX process technology licensors and Global Manufacturing facilities.
- Participate in hazard operability (HAZOP) and safety integrity level (SIL) studies as required by MEROX unit operating facilities.
- Participate in incident investigation activities concerning MEROX process units as required by operating facilities.
- Lead unit operations troubleshooting and investigating off-spec. products and plant trips/ upsets and manage the required deliverables. Support Operations during turnaround and unplanned Shutdowns / Startups by understanding the unit operating conditions and transient effects to recommend operations improvements
- Manage long and short-term projects by proposing major projects to improve safety, reliability and profitability. Prepare design requests, budget justifications and detailed implementation plans for economically justifiable projects. Develop engineering design packages for in-house process-oriented projects and follow up on implementation.
- Liaise with vendors and technology licensors for process enhancements and changes as well as with Engineering Services Department for any technology assessment and piloting support.
- Perform benchmarking and best practices technical exchange workshops internally among Global Manufacturing facilities (wholly-owned and affiliates) having MEROX process units.
You must hold a Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or related specialization. An advanced degree is preferred.
You should have a minimum of 15 years' experience within a refinery or petrochemical process unit (process engineering and operations) with at least 10 years' experience in handling MEROX plants.
Exposure to different MEROX process licensor technologies is preferred.
You should be able to demonstrate strong mentorship skills with the ability and drive to guide the development of junior engineers that you will interact with.
Familiarity and understanding of the best practices, design principles, international engineering standards and specifications relevant to operation of the concerned process units.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.