Process Engineer (Process Pygas & Aromatics)
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
The Project Management team is seeking an experienced Process Engineer who is specialized in Pygas & Aromatics to join Saudi Aramco. Saudi Aramco PMT is responsible and accountable for the delivery of best in class capital projects. PMT is directly involved in executing and managing AMRIAL project safely, on schedule, within budget and to the highest standards of integrity and compliance. This will involve engineering design, procurement and construction activities.
Project Management Team manages and executes projects usually from multiple site offices or engineering contractor design offices, geographically scattered throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The Process Engineer primary role is to ensure that engineering design, procurement, construction and project completion is done in compliance with the project objective and contractual requirements i.e. project schedule, cost, HSE, company standards and procedures. The role also involves review and study of grass root and brown field refining and petrochemical facilities.
You will be required to perform the following:
- Execute AMIRAL project according to the scope, schedule and budget.
- Provide the technical input and review of the design, construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning and startup of facilities.
- Address technical issues arising in all phases of the project development related to Pygas & Aromatics and associated facilities.
- Responsible for project development: engineering studies, licensors selection, technical bid reviews, preliminary engineering, detail designs, materials procurement, construction, pre-commissioning, handover, commissioning and startup.
- Manage General Engineering Services (GES) design contractor activities during the development of Pre-FEED & FEED, including definition of project work scope and schedule requirements. Development of detailed estimate leading to funding appropriation and approval.
- Be familiar with international procedures of Projects Phases, Engineering Phases, Bidding procedures, Procurement Processes, Construction Requirements and up to date Best Practices.
- Full understanding of contract documents (inclusive of appendices, drawings and specifications), project execution plan, interface management, change management, construction sequencing, standards specifications and project schedule to support project manager and/or company representative in timely completion of projects.
- Review and resolve day to day contractors' activities related to assigned project (process) work during construction and ensure HSE compliance.
- Participate in developing process deliverables such as, BFDs, PFDs, P&IDs, H&MB, data sheets, C&E diagrams, HAZID, HAZOP, SIL, simulations, 3D modeling, energy optimization, startup plans, etc.
- Perform change order scope definition, cost estimation and assist the Project Manager or Company representative in change management process.
- Review weekly and monthly reports on the status and progress of the contracts, including project costs and schedule. Attend project meetings e.g. progress, stakeholders, design review, plot plan, value improvement.
- Review project schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned project progress and challenge below par performance of the contractor.
- Review, coordinate, and monitor invoices (claimed vs actual physical progress checks) and contractor's submittals.
- Perform Project Reporting and implementation of company initiatives during project execution.
- Review design/study process modifications to the facilities.
- Provide routine process (design and construction) support to facilities such as Pygas & Aromatics and related facilities.
- Develop and/or review testing and commissioning procedures for process equipment especially Pygas & Aromatics facilities.
- Be familiar with leading technology licensors/ Vendors, international standards and value improvement practices.
As the successful candidate you will hold a Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering from a recognized and approved program. An advanced degree is preferred.
You will have fifteen years' experience in the refining and the petrochemical industries with a specialty in Pygas & Aromatics. The experience will include at least five years of field experience including construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning, startup, and operation.
As a subject matter expert;
You will have excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
You must have Engineering Design & Construction phase experience with a thorough knowledge of engineering practices and economic principles in the applicable International Codes, Standards and Specifications.
A Dynamic attitude towards project improvements and savings, PMP Certification is desirable but not mandatory.
You will have the Flexibility to work in multinational teams and mobilize to different locations including remote areas as needed.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.