Job description / Role
• Receive all Purchase Requests through the Procurement Supervisor and SATORP Organizations.
• Review Purchase Requests and ensure that Purchase Requests are consistent with the approved value limit.
• Group and classify Purchase Request based on their specified type or nature (such as direct charged materials, OEM, replenishments, generic / consumables, chemicals etc.).
• Prepare and discuss draft Requests for Quotation (RFQ) and proposed bidders with the Procurement Supervisor for review and validation.
• Send out RFQ to the local and international market utilizing the appropriate distribution and communication
• Ensure that SATORP standards, specifications, related documents and drawings are clearly identified and described in the RFQ.
• Attach all relevant documents, instructions to bidders, technical and commercial requirement forms to RFQ documents.
• Coordinate with Proponent to determine the method of purchasing and develop the list of prospective vendors.
• Liaise with the Proponent to obtain the bid evaluation criteria and ensure that all bids are treated in fair and equitable manner.
• Provide necessary interpretations and clarifications to incoming Bidders' inquiries and questions in liaison with the concerned organizations at SATORP.
• Participate in opening proposals and ensure that all proposals information and related documents are precisely evaluated and transferred into the commercial evaluation sheet
• Coordinate with the Technical Review Team (TRT) and Bid Review Team (BRT) to evaluate and rank bids based on the predetermined evaluation criteria and obtain committee signature of approvals on Bid Evaluation Report - Award Recommendation
• Forward the Award Recommendation to the appropriate Approving Authority as per Schedule of Authority to obtain their feedback and recommendations if any, and finally to obtain their approval.
• Create Purchase Order (PO) or Agreement upon the final approval and ensure the accuracy of all related details.
• Send the approved PO / Agreement and follow-up with the winning bidder(s) to sign on the PO / Agreement.
• Forward PO to Freight Forwarding Services Contractor (FFSC) and monitor delivery compliance and resolve any pending issues in a timely and professional manner when required.
• Participate with FFSC, SATORP Warehouse and Vendors, where necessary, to verify receipt of materials Process and administer any amendments on the Purchase Order
• Follow up with the Finance Department on invoice payment issues when necessary.
• Ensure that all deviations from the Purchase Order, such as Liquidated Damages and delay penalties, are discussed and approved by appropriate authorities
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor Procurement.
Main Competencies and Qualities:
• Good knowledge of local and international Procurement laws and procedures.
• Strong knowledge of Procurement techriiques, procedures and policies.
• Strong knowledge of sources of supply, market trends and pricing practices.
• Conversant with SAP and Microsoft Office applications.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Capable of giving strong attention to details.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Capable of handling multiple tasks.
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
• Strong command of oral and written English.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or equivalent.
• (6) years of experience in Procurement, of which at least Three (3) years in a similar position.
About the Company
SATORP, in its promising future, is one of the most complex refineries in the world, with a processing capacity of 400,000 barrels per day of Arabian Heavy Crude to produce petroleum products and petrochemicals with commitment to the highest international standards of health, safety and environment; and at the same time having continuous development and leadership in the region. This world-class refinery that came to being out of the expertise of the two oil giants, Saudi Aramco and Total, is located at Jubail Industrial City in the east of Saudi Arabia.