Job description / Role
- Control and perform material, consumables, equipment and supplies procurement and purchasing activities from local and international markets ensuring the selection of the most appropriate material and services on the basis of quality, price and delivery time.
- Control and perform SATORP procurement activities including, but not limited to, purchasing material, equipment, machinery, spare parts, furniture, stationary and other minor purchases; processing all procurement related documents/test certificates; negotiating and agreeing with vendors on specifications, quality, quantity and delivery schedules.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive all Purchase Requests through the Supervisor Procurement and SATORP Organizations.
- Review Purchase Requests, check stock levels and ensure that Purchase Requests are consistent with the approved value limit.
- Group and classify Purchase Request based on their specified type or nature (such as materials, consumables, equipment, spare parts and furniture).
- Prepare and submit Requests for Quotation (RFQ) to the Supervisor Procurement for review and validation.
- Send out RFQ to the local and international market utilizing the appropriate distribution and communication channels.
- Ensure that SATORP standards, specifications, related documents and drawings are clearly identified and described in the RFQ.
- Attach all relevant documents, instructions to bidders, and technical and commercial deviation forms to RFQ documents.
- Coordinate with other Material and Services Procurement staff to determine the method of purchasing and develop the list of prospective vendors.
- Liaise with the Procurement Section staff to develop the bid evaluation criteria and ensure that all bids are treated in a fair and equitable manner.
- Provide necessary interpretations and clarifications to incoming Bidders’ inquiries and questions in liaison with the concerned organizations at SATORP.
- Participate in opening proposals and ensure that all proposals information and related documents are precisely evaluated and transferred into the commercial evaluation sheet.
- Coordinate with the Technical Review Team (TRT) and Bid Review Team (BRT) to evaluate and rank bids based on the predetermined evaluation criteria and obtain committee approvals on the winning list.
- Forward the winning bid the controlling organization at SATORP to collect their technical evaluation, feedback and recommendations, if any, and to obtain their approval.
- Create Purchase Order upon the final approval of the Awarding committee and ensure the accuracy of all related details.
- Prepare and obtain all authorized personnel signatures on the award recommendation and follow-up with the winning bidder(s) to sign on the Purchase Order.
- Monitor the progress of the Purchase Order and follow-up with the vendors to ensure compliance and resolve any pending issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Communicate with SATORP Warehouse and Suppliers to verify receipt of materials, follow-up on delivered materials and check on Overage, Shortage, Damages & Discrepancies (OSD&D) to resolve any issues.
- Process and administer any amendments on the Purchase Order and coordinate with the Finance Department to follow-up on invoices submitted by vendors.
- Ensure that all deviations from the Purchase Order, such as Liquidated Damages and delay penalties, are discussed and approved by all authorized personnel.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor Procurement.
Main Competencies and Qualities:
- Good knowledge of local and international Procurement laws and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of Procurement techniques, procedures and policies.
- Strong knowledge of sources of supply, market trends and pricing practices.
- Conversant with SAP and Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Capable of giving strong attention to details.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Strong command of oral and written English.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Six (6) years of experience in Procurement, of which at least Three (3) years in a similar position.
About the Company
SATORP, in its promising future, is one of the most complex refineries in the world, with a processing capacity of 400,000 barrels per day of Arabian Heavy Crude to produce petroleum products and petrochemicals with commitment to the highest international standards of health, safety and environment; and at the same time having continuous development and leadership in the region. This world-class refinery that came to being out of the expertise of the two oil giants, Saudi Aramco and Total, is located at Jubail Industrial City in the east of Saudi Arabia.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Solar Project - Procurement Manager
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited
|Saudi Arabia||2 Apr|
Swisslinx Middle East